Miro Heiskanen, super disappointing start to the season :(

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Is it AINEC?
No because it is close regardless of his last 8 games. I swear people freak out and start talking out their asses when a player has a slump. I mean is Malkin now an AHL player because he has 10 points on the season and has not looked good really so far this season? Absolutely not!

Last edited:

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Has any information been released about Heiskanen having prolonged symptoms of covid like Ristolainen?
I mean, yes, there seems to be some kind of pattern but on the other hand, a lot of players underperform for an abundance of reasons every season.

On the other hand, in a hyper-competative environment, even a small decrease in like, alertness or conditioning can make a big difference. A player suffering from those effects might not be be 100% sure something is covid-related himself, and you wouldn't want to bring just a suspicion to the media.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Don't be silly, I was informed last playoffs that he's now a top-10 defenceman (at worst).
I was told defenseman never take steps back and development is always linear.
I was told this would be a normal season, no different than any other.

Oh, wait... I wasn't.

The sheer number of star-level talent that has fallen flat on their face this season is more of an indication that one can only take so much from a year like this. Enjoy it but don't get bent out of shape if a player isn't playing up to their potential.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Oh, wait... I wasn't.

The sheer number of star-level talent that has fallen flat on their face this season is more of an indication that one can only take so much from a year like this. Enjoy it but don't get bent out of shape if a player isn't playing up to their potential.
Is this happening? My view it looks like the stars are shining as bright as ever. Unless we're calling every first liner in the league a star now.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m sure he’ll be fine. It’s still very early on for the Stars and they had the rough COVID situation to start the year.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Oh, wait... I wasn't.

Huh? Plenty of star players are performing, like pretty much all of them........

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Seems to me that this is a result of lingering effects from having COVID, some get extreme brain fog from it and seems like some players might have that unknowingly even.

archimet

Aug 17, 2008
How would getting covid make a player bad? If he's got worse lung capacity he shouldn't play. If he feels other symptoms he shouldn't play. You could make an argument he stinks now because of a missed camp, just like Zibanejad, but 13 and 16 games into the season respectively, a missed camp shouldn't have that much of an impact.

Perhaps you don't understand COVID? There are dozens of documented long-term effects of COVID. Medical science is still trying to figure them out and has very few, if any, proven treatments. It's probably safe to assume that they all haven't even been identified yet. I don't think it's a coincidence that several players who had COVID are having a difficult time.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
How would getting covid make a player bad? If he's got worse lung capacity he shouldn't play. If he feels other symptoms he shouldn't play. You could make an argument he stinks now because of a missed camp, just like Zibanejad, but 13 and 16 games into the season respectively, a missed camp shouldn't have that much of an impact.

While primarily a respiratory disease, COVID-19 can also lead to neurological problems. The first of these symptoms might be the loss of smell and taste, while some people also may later battle headaches, debilitating fatigue, and trouble thinking clearly, sometimes referred to as “brain fog.”

Reactions: MiroPRKL

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Or you know, he regressed back to his normal standard of play and that 21 games was a hot streak.....

His PPG was 0.45 in the 150 games before the playoffs, did he magically become a PPG player or did he have a hot streak.?

Using career PPG as deterministic for a guy with literally 2 seasons in the NHL, those seasons being age 19 and 20, is a very poor idea

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Miro Heiskanen is a player that improves ANY team in the league, significantly. Admire this player on skillset alone. Maybe he will never win a Norris but he'll be a world-class competitor for the next decade. Covid won't slow him one tiny bit in the long run, or even this season taken in its entirety, so don't let the trolls bother you.

Reactions: Read The

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Perhaps you don't understand COVID?
I've had covid. Perhaps you are too melodramatic?
I would bet you never played competitive sports.
You would lose that bet. Badly.
There are symptoms during the initial phase. Then there are other effects afterwards, when the infection has passed and the person is classified 'healthy, non-contagious and fit to work'. How about read a bit about the disease in question? Everyone is expected to know that much about it...
Ding Dong, that's why I wrote that he shouldn't play if he has other symptoms, genius.
You think Dallas Stars would be doing better if Heiskanen had played 0 games, or...?
Who knows. If he suffers from covid symptoms, most likely.
now imagine having to play while still not fully recovered against nothing but elite athletes.
He doesn't have to play. Leon Bristedt in Rögle BK in the SHL took a break to recover from covid symptoms. He was back in action after 1 month.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Huh? Plenty of star players are performing, like pretty much all of them........
What about Josi, Jones, Zibanejad, Pettersson, Lafreniere, Malkin, Dahlin, Eichel, Karlsson, Larkin, Domi, Duchene, Hall and so on?

I've seen more people asking "what's wrong with Player X" than I ever had in any season prior (not to mention all of the "Is Player X generational after his great start" bullshit). I'm just saying that it might be wise to reserve judgements on players for this season, good and bad. I mostly say this because I've seen a disproportionate amount of terrible to outright awful takes on this board (at least, more than usual) and am trying explain away some of that too.

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Using career PPG as deterministic for a guy with literally 2 seasons in the NHL, those seasons being age 19 and 20, is a very poor idea

Way to miss the point.

150 game sample size is a better indicator than 21 games.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What about Josi, Jones, Zibanejad, Pettersson, Lafreniere, Malkin, Dahlin, Eichel, Karlsson, Larkin, Domi, Duchene, Hall and so on?

I've seen more people asking "what's wrong with Player X" than I ever had in any season prior (not to mention all of the "Is Player X generational after his great start" bullshit). I'm just saying that it might be wise to reserve judgements on players for this season, good and bad. I mostly say this because I've seen a disproportionate amount of terrible to outright awful takes on this board (at least, more than usual) and am trying explain away some of that too.

That is a horrible list. You listed a bunch of players on the leagues worst teams as your examples? :laugh:

Go find me years where no "star" player in the league had a down year. You could find a list larger than that in any given season, did you seriously just list an 18 year old rookie after watching 2 of them struggle last year?

Looks like you're trying your best to strawman an argument.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad