Miro Heiskanen, super disappointing start to the season :(

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I did not expect this start, not from Heiskanen, i thought he'd the be THE favorite to win the Norris this year.

Minus one or two great defensive and offensive plays this season, he has been shit, utter garbage.
So has been the Dallas Stars thou,..to be fair.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah outside of maybe a couple of games or so he's been mostly bad. If you think his play right now is bad tho you should've seen the first 5 games or so :help: luckily the team was producing so his point totals are okay (8 assists in 13 games, no goals) despite him almost never getting involved offensively in the first 5+ games (like I said, it was very unusual). Lot of it is cause he's on that dreadful 2nd PP unit that has like 1 goal this season and barely gets any time.

Don't know what it is with him. Maybe it's cause he had COVID and missed almost all of camp but that was ages ago. Probably best to just ignore this season for the Stars in general though, as it's very ugly and will likely get worse. I think once Miro can pot a goal he will be much better. He has shown quite a bit of frustration cause he hasn't scored yet. It's been the John Klingberg show when it comes to offense from the defense

If yall expect him to produce like he did in the playoffs tho you're in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: Muffinalt

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
That’s Makar by a very comfortable margin.
b5df2823e61e5d8118226426d109fcfdca9d8102165baccc4c96c1a594385677.jpg

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
Favourite to Norris? Personally I'll be disapointed if not Hedman gets it so far.

Reactions: JFG

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
How would getting covid make a player bad? If he's got worse lung capacity he shouldn't play. If he feels other symptoms he shouldn't play. You could make an argument he stinks now because of a missed camp, just like Zibanejad, but 13 and 16 games into the season respectively, a missed camp shouldn't have that much of an impact.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Don't be silly, I was informed last playoffs that he's now a top-10 defenceman (at worst).

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How would getting covid make a player bad? If he's got worse lung capacity he shouldn't play. If he feels other symptoms he shouldn't play. You could make an argument he stinks now because of a missed camp, just like Zibanejad, but 13 and 16 games into the season respectively, a missed camp shouldn't have that much of an impact.
You think Dallas Stars would be doing better if Heiskanen had played 0 games, or...?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dallas started the season with Covid.

Who knows how many players are suffering from it

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not an all or nothing situation, players play hockey at less than 100% all the time. From my own experience it took my lungs a very long time to fully recover and I wasn't very ill when I had it... now imagine having to play while still not fully recovered against nothing but elite athletes. If you can't train at 100% during the off-season due to covid it's going to affect you aswell.

A lot of people suffer from the aftermath of covid for a lot longer than they suffer from say a fever.

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
Dallas started the season delayed due to COVID. Once their season started, Miro looked very average even during their 4 game winning streak. I think he is feeling the effects after recovering from COVID. It also doesn't help that the Stars are on a 6 game losing streak.

Reactions: Elysian

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not an all or nothing situation, players play hockey at less than 100% all the time. From my own experience it took my lungs a very long time to fully recover and I wasn't very ill when I had it... now imagine having to play while still not fully recovered against nothing but elite athletes. If you can't train at 100% during the off-season due to covid it's going to affect you aswell.

A lot of people suffer from the aftermath of covid for a lot longer than they suffer from say a fever.

It's going to differ from person to person, I find it weird people argue either way unless they know for sure how it effected him personally. McDavid and Matthews both had it, it delayed their training and they're tearing up the league. The Hurricanes got hit just as hard as the Stars and they're playing excellent hockey.

Fans have a constant need to find an excuse if their player isn't performing when a lot of times it's simply because they're just having a rough year or a rough patch.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Dallas started the season delayed due to COVID. Once their season started, Miro looked very average even during their 4 game winning streak. I think he is feeling the effects after recovering from COVID. It also doesn't help that the Stars are on a 6 game losing streak.
For a while he was the best player in the playoffs, in the end Point and Hedman surpassed him but anyways. It's not like he magically got worse in couple months:laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
For a while he was the best player in the playoffs, in the end Point and Hedman surpassed him but anyways. It's not like he magically got worse in couple months:laugh:

Or you know, he regressed back to his normal standard of play and that 21 games was a hot streak.....

His PPG was 0.45 in the 150 games before the playoffs, did he magically become a PPG player or did he have a hot streak.?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004

There are symptoms during the initial phase. Then there are other effects afterwards, when the infection has passed and the person is classified 'healthy, non-contagious and fit to work'. How about read a bit about the disease in question? Everyone is expected to know that much about it...

Reactions: Linear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad