Confirmed with Link: Miro Heiskanen signs extension (8 years, $8.45M AAV)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
E6g02xwXsAEQj20

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bit more money than I'd like but can't complain. Nice to see him locked up!

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
On first thought, this is a pricey contract . On second thought , I can’t see us ever complaining about it . It’s not like he’s gonna be 35 and declining during these 8 years . This will run right through his prime .

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
It's a little rich for now, but I'm thinking there's a good chance he'll perform up to it, and it's nice that age won't be a factor throughout the contract. I think Nill could have gotten it down a little bit, but honestly, we're probably talking about a few hundred thousand per year, so likely not a big deal overall. I actually hope this means we've priced ourselves out of Oleksiak, because I'm not a fan of that pairing, and I want Miro to be much more assertive with the puck, like our best paid D-man should be. If anybody is feeling a little nervous, just go on over to capfriendly and look at Drew Doughty's contract, you'll feel better.

Edit: I just looked at the chart above. Can someone explain how his individual offensive percentile metrics are so excellent, but his overall offensive percentile presents him as a net negative as a whole? I'm scratching my head over that chart.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Edit: I just looked at the chart above. Can someone explain how his individual offensive percentile metrics are so excellent, but his overall offensive percentile presents him as a net negative as a whole? I'm scratching my head over that chart.

I'm not familiar with Dom's model as it's proprietary, but I know that he uses Game Score for offense. Points alone don't tell the whole story otherwise Tyson Barrie would be the NHL's most elite puck mover. So Game Score combines all the different things that create offense, directly and indirectly: goals (weighted highest), primary assists (weighted second highest), secondary assists (and so forth), shots for, possession differential, goal differential, and penalty differential. What the chart seems to be indicating is that Miro is producing points well, but not necessarily generating offense around him. Which I think makes intuitive sense. He's still young, and still playing a defense-first system.

Reactions: Johno

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
With the Bruins just releasing details of the new CM contract, the Heiskanen contract keeps looking better and better. I guess that’s why Jim Nill likes to get his business done early. There is risk, of course, because the market prices could be set lower; but in this case, he made a good gamble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad