Player Discussion Miro Heiskanen 3rd overall 2017 Draft (signed ELC)

Winland

Mar 5, 2016
Right now? John Carlson 100% is the best right now. There’s no question about that.

Have to agree since I haven't followed JC's games. Looks like he has by far the best +/- from the Caps as well as points.

As for Josi I actually think Miro has been way better. I bet someone could dig up some stats to prove me wrong..:DD

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Has Miro been playing on the first PP unit? Or does that spot still belong to Klingberg?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Has Miro been playing on the first PP unit? Or does that spot still belong to Klingberg?

There's no true first unit. Seguin, Perry, and Radulov are with Klingberg and then Pavelski, Benn, and Hintz are with Heiskanen I believe, so whichever unit that scores is the first unit for that night.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

ilezia

Apr 13, 2010
There's an interview and an article with Miro in Helsingin Sanomat (biggest newspaper in Finland) this morning: https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000007684989.html

Brief free translation and summary:

Stars for now are letting their Finnish players keep practicing in Finland. There is no confirmation yet if the practice camps will start on the 3rd January. There's also delays in the embassies due to coronavirus so Miro doesn't actually even have a working visa yet but it should arrive any day now. Miro is hoping to spend Christmas in Finland with his family for the first time in 5 years.

Regarding his off season he says he took 3 weeks 'off' playing only tennis, padel, jogging etc. Since then he has been practicing/working out 9-10 times a week but says he is also learning about the importance of rest. His main goals have been explosiveness and power, faster turns and better edgework. "You can never be fast enough on skates."

There's a little bit about pressure of playing in NHL and his increasing responsibility. He says he doesn't think about it and just plays. He's overheard of the existance of a "sophomore slump" but said he doesn't think about things like that. Regarding getting a new contract he again reiterates that he doesn't waste time thinking about it. "I also have a big role and responsibility in how the team performs. It feels good that people and the team trust me. I aim to help more and more as we move forward"

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Looking at his 2020 xmas workout, im safe To say he might be having incredible season next year. Workouts are smart leg specific and he still seems as focused.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Looking at his 2020 xmas workout, im safe To say he might be having incredible season next year. Workouts are smart leg specific and he still seems as focused.
Miro gives off that Sidney Crosby hockey nerd vibe . He’s gonna put in the work to be the best in the world .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
More than Chabot. How much more ? Who knows but it'll be expensive . After Miro and Klingberg sign their new deals the Stars blueline will be really expensive but it is what it is.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
He hasn't had a great start to the year, but wonder how much covid affected him. His puck management has been noticeably worse than before, and his decision making has been a bit iffier. He's still a world class skater though

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He hasn't had a great start to the year, but wonder how much covid affected him. His puck management has been noticeably worse than before, and his decision making has been a bit iffier. He's still a world class skater though

His last several games have been much better, and he is definitely close to being his normal self again. Still a few hiccups per game tho that are very out of the ordinary for him

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
His stick smash at the end of the last game is indicative of his play this season. He knows he has been shit.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
What Heiskanen did there in that empty netter situation against Carolina looked like something from the Matrix movies. The smile afterwards crowned it. He knew it was against Aho, his country man so it probably felt even better for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->