Player Discussion Miro Heiskanen 3rd overall 2017 Draft (signed ELC)

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Same here. That D corps has a bit of everything. Sign a vet for your 7th D and we're set

Miro and Kling on the #1 PP and Lindell and Honka on #2

Our D and possible our goaltending is in good shape for the future. We need to work on our forwards, mostly center

yep.. that guryanov pick over barzal hurts

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, with DG (and Dickenson and Tufte, etc.) we are well stocked with third and fourth liners, but will need to find our next goal scorers via 1, signing Seguin, 2, Developing Roberston, 3, UFA, and 4, shrewd trade.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Well, with DG (and Dickenson and Tufte, etc.) we are well stocked with third and fourth liners, but will need to find our next goal scorers via 1, signing Seguin, 2, Developing Roberston, 3, UFA, and 4, shrewd trade.

Hintz could be a 2nd line goal scorer. I still have hope for Dickinson also. But yeah Nill needs to draft the next Barzal that falls into our hands

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Great defensive play and a nice assist here. He's been picking up more assists lately on some pretty passes. Now has more assists than goals (11 G, 12 A) for 23 points in 29 games.

Also, this is from the other day. His vision is just incredible in the offensive zone. Really noticeable during the Olympics too, especially on the PP

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Watching the pens v flyers today pierre was gushijg about miro saying he is the real deal and going to be a stud.

Was in relation to what they have seen with patrick/hischier and pierre piped in about how good miro is

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Watching the pens v flyers today pierre was gushijg about miro saying he is the real deal and going to be a stud.

Was in relation to what they have seen with patrick/hischier and pierre piped in about how good miro is
TRANSLATION:
Pierre wants everyone to know how much nonsense he knows by injecting it into an unrelated conversation.

Don't put much into anything that comes out of his mouth.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
TRANSLATION:
Pierre wants everyone to know how much nonsense he knows by injecting it into an unrelated conversation.

Don't put much into anything that comes out of his mouth.

I can tell you don't like Miro apparently too much and don't think he will be good. Why? It's not just Pierre saying that

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I can tell you don't like Miro apparently too much and don't think he will be good. Why? It's not just Pierre saying that
You can't tell anything, I like the pick and not just because he's the one I wanted to see get drafted. Pierre would still be talking about picks in the order they were made if they let him because that's his whole usefulness. He knows trivia about players. If Pierre is your go-to source for analysis or prediction then you are making a terrible mistake.
Here's just a taste of this hockey mind at work.

Heiskanen could be good or bad, but Pierre will always be there to tell us about his hometown and what other famous players come from there, the names of his parents, etc.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
You can't tell anything, I like the pick and not just because he's the one I wanted to see get drafted. Pierre would still be talking about picks in the order they were made if they let him because that's his whole usefulness. He knows trivia about players. If Pierre is your go-to source for analysis or prediction then you are making a terrible mistake.
Here's just a taste of this hockey mind at work.

Heiskanen could be good or bad, but Pierre will always be there to tell us about his hometown and what other famous players come from there, the names of his parents, etc.

LOL. His random useless facts makes the game oh so much more interesting though.
Pierre does love Heiskanen and has mentioned this numerous times, but yeah Pierre is not the best guy to evaluate talent. I find him the most strange and annoying analyst in hockey. His love for Backes in the Stars-Blues series a couple of years ago was vomit inducing. Heiskanen will be good, we do not need Pierre to predict the obvious.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015

At least there aren’t any underpants involved so that’s good.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Dickinson is a goal scorer and is just not used properly. He has proven he can score at this level if given a big opportunity. Right now he is stationed on the 4th line and barely gets to play. Brilliant defensively though and I know he'd produce offensively if given a legitimate chance like Brett Ritchie And Devin Shore are. He's miles better than Ritchie offensively, and has a much better shot than Shore.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Dickinson is a goal scorer and is just not used properly. He has proven he can score at this level if given a big opportunity. /Right now he is stationed on the 4th line and barely gets to play. Brilliant defensively though and I know he'd produce offensively if given a legitimate chance like Brett Ritchie And Devin Shore are. He's miles better than Ritchie offensively, and has a much better shot than Shore.

Can you expound on that? I mean, I like the guy, but I think he’s a looong ways away from a proven scorer at the NHL level.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Can you expound on that? I mean, I like the guy, but I think he’s a looong ways away from a proven scorer at the NHL level.

When given an opportunity last year with more playing time he scored some legit goal scorers goals, but you're right he's not exactly proven yet but I've always viewed him as a goal scorer because of his skill in the AHL and his shot. I think if given the opportunity he could be a legit 20+ goal scorer at this level. He loves going to the front of the net I've noticed and has a very similar style of play to Tyler Seguin.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
When given an opportunity last year with more playing time he scored some legit goal scorers goals, but you're right he's not exactly proven yet but I've always viewed him as a goal scorer because of his skill in the AHL and his shot. I think if given the opportunity he could be a legit 20+ goal scorer at this level. He loves going to the front of the net I've noticed and has a very similar style of play to Tyler Seguin.
Fair enough. Idk if I’d compare someone I hope could be a 20 goal guy to Tyler, but there’s always a growing arc.
I’d be happy if he matched Janmark

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Fair enough. Idk if I’d compare someone I hope could be a 20 goal guy to Tyler, but there’s always a growing arc.
I’d be happy if he matched Janmark

Me too. Where I see him succeeding is in the slot on the PP. Hopefully he gets that chance one day, he seems to love going to the front of the net too

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
In 2013 during the lockout , Erik Karlsson played 30 games in Liiga scoring 9g, 25a , 34 points ,+12. This coming after scoring 78 points in the nhl the year before . Heiskanen played 30 games in Liiga scoring 11 g, 12a , 23 Points ,+17. Pretty good numbers when you compare them to who’s supposedly the best defensemen in the nhl .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
In 2013 during the lockout , Erik Karlsson played 30 games in Liiga scoring 9g, 25a , 34 points ,+12. This coming after scoring 78 points in the nhl the year before . Heiskanen played 30 games in Liiga scoring 11 g, 12a , 23 Points ,+17. Pretty good numbers when you compare them to who’s supposedly the best defensemen in the nhl .

I'm hoping Heiskanen gets as good of an opportunity as Klingberg up here. I'm afraid he won't get any PP time and will barely get to play because of Hitchcock. We better not ruin his development. That's a pretty cool stat comparison though

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
HIFK made SM liiga semifinals yesterday defeating JYP in game 6. HIFK won 2-1.
Miro did not get any points and he got ice time 23:51.
HIFK faces in semifinals Oulun Kärpät 1st semifinal game is next Tuesday in Oulu.

IF HIFK gets eliminated in liiga semifinals Miro has two options to continue his season
1 Joining Finland's hockey world championships training camp
2 Coming over to Texas Stars ( if they go AHL playoffs.)​

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It would be better for him to stay overseas. Keep him away from any Stars employee as long as possible.

Lord knows if he comes over to join the Texas Stars, he'll quickly be told, "Hey, you know when you skated the puck up and generated an offensive chance? Yeah, how about next time just bang it off the glass?"

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It would be better for him to stay overseas. Keep him away from any Stars employee as long as possible.

Lord knows if he comes over to join the Texas Stars, he'll quickly be told, "Hey, you know when you skated the puck up and generated an offensive chance? Yeah, how about next time just bang it off the glass?"

I don't see any point for him staying in Liiga, he needs NHL to develop to the best player possible.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Klinger got one playoff game with the T Stars in '13, 3 regular season games with the T Stars near the end of '14, and 10 regular season games in '14-15, before being called to the Stars permanently, at age 22, when he was more than clearly ready. Hope Miro gets a few T Stars games in the PO this year, and a partial season next year before being called up at 19 (or 20?). Certainly, shouldn't have to wait until at the latest, 2019-2020.

Maybe Nill ought to market a line of seasoning.......

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Klinger got one playoff game with the T Stars in '13, 3 regular season games with the T Stars near the end of '14, and 10 regular season games in '14-15, before being called to the Stars permanently, at age 22, when he was more than clearly ready. Hope Miro gets a few T Stars games in the PO this year, and a partial season next year before being called up at 19 (or 20?). Certainly, shouldn't have to wait until at the latest, 2019-2020.

Maybe Nill ought to market a line of seasoning.......

MTV's writer just today called him the best individual on these Liiga playoffs and the kid is 18y, playing +26 mins per game. He should be NHL ready already.

It's mostly a joke, but we ruin players.

Alright, I've understood there have been some issues with younger players/drafting in the recent years.

Heiskanen should be a different beast completely though and bring help to you guys.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Nill’s one great move besides Seguin was signing JK to that contract. Any chance he can do that again with Miro or is the cat out of the bag now?

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
Nill’s one great move besides Seguin was signing JK to that contract. Any chance he can do that again with Miro or is the cat out of the bag now?

Nope. Klingberg had shown only one flashy season before he got his contract. So he didn't have any leverage.

Miro has ELC until 19-20. If there isn't any stepbacks and he will be as good as it seems to be he will get lot bigger contract than JK.

Considering that defenders usually are at their best later than forwards that contract extension will probably be really good for Stars.

But not a steal like Klingbergs.

Seth Jones got 6x5.4m
Ristolainen 6x5.4m
Ekblad 8x7.5m

Those give probably some guideline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->