MIRACLE on ICE - Swiss Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
Ovechkin_mvp said:
This was clearly the biggest upset since the infamous Belarus - Sweden game. :yo:

I have watched the game, and you gotta give it to the Swiss team.
They are a TEAM, not a bunch of superstars hanging out in Italy.

A way to go guys!!!!!1 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S: I hope Russia doesn't meet them in quarter-finals

You are wrong my friend...It's the biggest upset since the Swiss defeated the Czechs. :)

I have to give credit to the Swiss, they play a good team game and have alot of speed. Mix that upwith great goaltending and good coaching and you have a possible medal.

Good for the Swiss. :clap:

Good for International hockey. :clap:

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Definitely congrats to the Swiss :clap: ...Both thier wins against Czechs and Canada is huge for this country..

But both Canada and Czechs obviously didn't give them enough credit and didn't come out to play the whole 60 mins.

Its a wake up call for the big teams..and rest assured they will wake up after this..

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Common people, did anyone say the Belarus was a better team than Sweden, or
USA beter than Soviet Union in 1980?

That's why it's called a "Miracle".

Good for hockey.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I'm sick of the Swiss! I'm sick of their chocolate, I'm sick of their clocks, I'm sick of their cheese!

I'm sick of the Swiss and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Actually good on Switzerland for beating two of the hockey giants. Swiss winning means much more to them and their fans, then it would have meant to us Canadians. Its good to get a slice of humble pie every once in awhile.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
Agasthya said:
I don't understand this post. The Suisse totally got outplayed and rode their hot goalie and hung on for dear life. They couldn't skate with us nor could they generate any really quality chances.

Obviously you didn't see the first and second periods. The swiss can skate with anyone in this tournament.

Sure Canada clearly outplayed them in the 3rd period...but last time I looked it takes 3 periods to win a game.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Top Shelf said:
Great..here comes more of the "what have you done for me lately" nonsense from HF's finest.

Canada lost..Gerber stole the game...it was a great win for the Swiss..but it was a round robin game...Canada will rebound and easily get into the medal round...that is when we can start comparing games to the greatest upsets of all time.
You speak all truth.

King of Kelvington

Aug 3, 2002
rohan said:
But Canada's A team didn't. So quite a few people look like idiots right now.

Insert 'your name' here.

Grow up, i suspect your in this thread because canada lost and not because the swiss won. :shakehead

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
GagsIsDaMan said:
You are wrong my friend...It's the biggest upset since the Swiss defeated the Czechs. :)

I have to give credit to the Swiss, they play a good team game and have alot of speed. Mix that upwith great goaltending and good coaching and you have a possible medal.

Good for the Swiss. :clap:

Good for International hockey. :clap:

Well, I think Canadian team is by far stronger than the Czech.

Canadians ruled the international hockey for the past years, just like Soviets in the 80s and got beaten by a clear underdog.

I, for one, would not even imagine Swiss team getting into the quarter-finalas, nevermind beating Canada.

Having said that, man, Finland's gonna have a very ungty opponent tomorrow.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Bank Shot said:
I'm sick of the Swiss! I'm sick of their chocolate, I'm sick of their clocks, I'm sick of their cheese!

I'm sick of the Swiss and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Actually good on Switzerland for beating two of the hockey giants. Swiss winning means much more to them and their fans, then it would have meant to us Canadians. Its good to get a slice of humble pie every once in awhile.

Let's make a case for the UN to impose economic sanctions on the Switzerland :propeller

shawn_kemp*

I love those miracles ... as long as they don't happen to my favorite team! :D

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
Ovechkin_mvp said:
Well, I think Canadian team is by far stronger than the Czech.

Canadians ruled the international hockey for the past years, just like Soviets in the 80s and got bitten by a clear underdog.

I, for one, would not even imagine Swiss team getting into the quarter-finalas, nevermind beating Canada.

Having said that, man, Finland's gonna have a very ungty opponent tomorrow.

I know I almost feel sorry for Nittimaki. :cry:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think this whole Olympic tournament has been fantastic for international hockey. While I always like to see Canada win, the fact that non-traditional hockey powers are winning big games against favoured nations is good for the sport. This will create more interest in countries like Switzerland, Germany, etc and in the end will be better for the game.

I think this is great.

Jazz

Matt MacInnis said:
I think this whole Olympic tournament has been fantastic for international hockey. While I always like to see Canada win, the fact that non-traditional hockey powers are winning big games against favoured nations is good for the sport. This will create more interest in countries like Switzerland, Germany, etc and in the end will be better for the game.

I think this is great.
Just like I said - ahem! :clap:

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
The Swiss will medal this year, but no one knows which medal it will be. They play great as a team, no one knew that they can hit, but they can. Canada under estimated the Swiss and they lost, the canadian fans just have to suck in their ego's and accept this loss. Gerber robbed this game for the swiss, plus the D wouldnt allow any rebounds, so dont tell me the swiss are all golatending because their D is playing great. Their forwards dont get alot of shots, but on good chances the puck always find the back of the net. The Swiss will win tomorrow agianst Germany easily Abby will likley get a shutout if he keeps up his amazing play!

All i got to say is im proud to have been born in Swizterland!

GO SWISS GO
GO SWISS GO
GO SWISS GO
GO SWISS GO

King of Kelvington

Aug 3, 2002
Matt MacInnis said:

I think this is great.

The anouncer on CBC was saying this too and i have to disagree, while the swiss beating canda and the cze was a couple of good games, doing it in the medal rounds is where it counts...this is really a meaningless victory...now if the swiss win an important game against a top tier team and win a medal, baby swisses will be straping blades to there boots and skating to school on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->