Minor-league system for Ottawa Senators rich in offense

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

In years past, Ottawa's AHL affiliate has been a mixed roster of AHL veterans, free agent signings, and draft picks. This is no longer the case. The Binghamton Senators are stacked with young talent and are among the youngest teams in the AHL.

Binghamton started the 2012-13 season off slowly, but have been on fire as of late. Even with a handful of injuries at any given time, Binghamton has enough depth to put forth a competitive roster each night. Ottawa fans, with renewed optimism after a strong season last year, have plenty to be excited about. Many of the club's promising prospects will be seen in an NHL jersey in the near future.… read more

More...

General Granny*

I'm expecting a defence heavy draft coming up from the Sens

Not really.

The top 3 are already set for the future and if Weircioch develops into a top 4 this season the D would be fine, its the matter not having NHL ready guys to go now as Ceci is at least a year away and Weircioch is unproven plus Cowen being out for the season.

Cowen- Karlsson
????- Ceci

Weircioch

Borocop- Vikstrand/ Cleasson/ Sdao/ Gryba/ Blood/ Wideman etc

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm expecting a defence heavy draft coming up from the Sens

Come on, buddy, we have Vikstrand. We're set 20+ years.

Really though, with Ceci, Cowen, Claesson, Karlsson, Wikstrand, Wiercioch+ Potential UFA or trade.

I could see Ottawa going BPA and not concerning themselves with specific position. We are not all that bad on defense.

However, we should draft Hagg.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Not really.

The top 3 are already set for the future and if Weircioch develops into a top 4 this season the D would be fine, its the matter not having NHL ready guys to go now as Ceci is at least a year away and Weircioch is unproven plus Cowen being out for the season.

Cowen- Karlsson
????- Ceci

Weircioch

Borocop- Vikstrand/ Cleasson/ Sdao/ Gryba/ Blood/ Wideman etc

Come on, buddy, we have Vikstrand. We're set 20+ years.

Really though, with Ceci, Cowen, Claesson, Karlsson, Wikstrand, Wiercioch+ Potential UFA or trade.

I could see Ottawa going BPA and not concerning themselves with specific position. We are not all that bad on defense.

However, we should draft Hagg.

Yeah, because teams basically maintain the same rosters every year...total team / player loyalty in the NHL, especially the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->