Minor Hockey News Top 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Hmm, O'Sullivan in the top 10 in AHL scoring as a rookie at #20. Josh Harding leading the AHL in save % and wins not in the top 50. Yup, the Hockey News pretty much nailed it. :shakehead

SUPERMAN

Feb 29, 2004
Loui Eriksson

First year att AHL, 19 goal 17 assist, +2, 5 year younger then Lessard, 2:d best att Iowa, why............... :dunno:

Dan Hickling

Jan 14, 2006
Buffalo
www.flickr.com
I can answer those queries for MLN re guys like Harding and Eriksson...both players were getting their feet wet, early in the year when the preliminary rankings were being made...both, were doing ok, but others at their positions were 1. doing better, or 2. EXPECTED to be doing better. We kept tabs on both, asked hockey people who see them regularly about them, but they decided to get hot just as we were putting the rankings in stone (TI-ming is everything). Fillipula fell into the same category.

All three players are featured on the Ones2Watch list which is in the process of being posted there (www.minorleaguenews.com) .

But all who were involved in this project thank you for noticing, and more importantly, caring about the greatest sport there is.....

Last edited:

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
hockey16ep said:
no Josh Harding?? :dunno: little suprising for a guy whos been one of the best all year long. Nice list though
We just have to face the facts some players are above and beyond. There must be a reason for it. I have looked at the list but can't say off hand if I noticed that. :biglaugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
WVpens said:
You'd think Welch would be higher than Ryan Stone.

Very nice list though.
I second that. Makes no sense to avoid arguably the best AHL defenseman and include a player who's not even the best WB forward.
Fleury should not be included as well.

SUPERMAN

Feb 29, 2004
Dan Hickling said:
I can answer those queries for MLN re guys like Harding and Eriksson...both players were getting their feet wet, early in the year when the preliminary rankings were being made...both, were doing ok, but others at their positions were 1. doing better, or 2. EXPECTED to be doing better. We kept tabs on both, asked hockey people who see them regularly about them, but they decided to get hot just as we were putting the rankings in stone (TI-ming is everything). Fillipula fell into the same category.

All three players are featured on the Ones2Watch list which is in the process of being posted there (www.minorleaguenews.com) .

But all who were involved in this project thank you for noticing, and more importantly, caring about the greatest sport there is.....

:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad