Minor hockey in Sweden

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Is there quite a bit of bodychecking or is it more sporadic? In Canada there are probably, at the same age, 20 bodychecks per game.

I dont know, but bigger ice means less contact. There is also some talk about that the late start for bodychecking makes it a less natural style of play, although we might have lowered the age limit the last couple of years. When is it ok in Canada?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I dont know, but bigger ice means less contact. There is also some talk about that the late start for bodychecking makes it a less natural style of play, although we might have lowered the age limit the last couple of years. When is it ok in Canada?
We start at the same age. I was wondering if there is a lot of contact at young ages.

malin75baryard

Jun 12, 2013
We start at the same age. I was wondering if there is a lot of contact at young ages.
Not really. Everyone defines checks differently but I would say there are no more than 3-5 obvious checks per game at the age of eleven. It starts to pick up two or three years later, then we're talking about 15-20 checks per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad