GDT: Minnows vs. Flames 6pm NBCSCA

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yep and the system is well scouted. I saw the flames cheating up high on the boards on the zone entry and even on the cycle low because they knew we’d kick it up high or ring it around the boards if pressured. By doing that, the flames allowed the sharks to create a few more chances down low and led to donskoi’s goal because we had the numbers. I also saw something I haven’t seen in a couple of years, the sharks had numbers and instead of peeling off high and looking for the trailing man, the puck carrier (Donskoi or Meier?) passed it to the two forwards crashing the net and lead to a very good chance. They need to keep doing that to have success and limit the odd man opportunities the other way but Pete sucks ass so he’ll probably scold the the person in the next team meeting and demote him to the 4th line for not passing to Vlasic for an unscreened point shot.
This is probably the main reason why you don't stick with any single coach long term. Their system w/ the personnel a team has will eventually be completely scouted out after 3-4 years and coaches don't typically make extreme adjustments from year to year.

With all respect to PDB for getting this team further than any coach in our history, his time here should be over with and I'd cut it short to get Quenneville ASAP.

Last edited:

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Ok. Define fairly well. The 3 teams we have beat, that are ahead of us, are Preds, Flames and Wild. Preds and Wild by 1 goal and the Flames by 2 (EN). None of those wins have been convincing.

If you have confidence going up against the Preds tomorrow, thats awesome. I am far from convinced.

I don't lack confidence in the team. We beat them (Preds) on their turf, and I think we can beat them on ours.

Also the Preds will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, all on the road.

Last edited:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
We are 6th in the league in SCA/60. However we are 27th in SCsv%

The goaltending is the issue. It makes us seem much worse defensively.

Reactions: Phu

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
No... goaltending isn't the issue... the schedule is starting to settle down and now we finally have our 6 game home stand and just 1 the first one.

Things are looking positive. Though, the vibe after we won was like we lost listening to PDB. He for whateve reason has a fascination with winning games by 3 goals.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We are 6th in the league in SCA/60. However we are 27th in SCsv%

The goaltending is the issue. It makes us seem much worse defensively.

It is an issue for sure but not sure if its the main one. We are 9th worst in the league with HDCA but worst for HDGA. We are 2nd worst in HDSV% which explains why our D looks worse than it is. But that still does not excuse the fact that we are giving up way too many high danger chances.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
It is an issue for sure but not sure if its the main one. We are 9th worst in the league with HDCA but worst for HDGA. We are 2nd worst in HDSV% which explains why our D looks worse than it is. But that still does not excuse the fact that we are giving up way too many high danger chances.

Dont disagree about high danger chances but consider that in general scoring chances are going to be much higher per 60, the low sv% regressing to the mean will do a helluva lot more for wins.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Pretty solid game all around, outplayed the flames pretty consistently, and Jones definitely had his best game of the season.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
prof.jpg

Can the Professor build us a power play that works out of coconuts, bamboo stalks, and palm fronds?

I'm gonna guess "no"

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad