Post-Game Talk: Minnesota Wild vs. New York Rangers 2/23/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I've never before felt the way I do about this team right now. I want them to lose every game for the long term betterment of the franchise and can't even bring myself to watch games because of that. I spent all night in the trade thread but didn't watch a second of the game . Feels really weird.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We need to lose to Detroit for the tank

I missed tonight’s game sadly (that’s actually probably a good thing)
Did O’Gara play? And if so how did he and Georgiev do? I saw Georgiev had 4 goals allowed on 38 ish shots? Were they his fault and did he look shaky at all?

Thanks in advance

I can handle us beating a better team or a playoff team if that still can happen. I really don't want the Rangers beating the Ottawa's, Montreal's, Vancouver's, Detroit's and Edmonton's. I want all those teams to get as many points as possible and when they do lose I want them to lose in OT so they at least get 1 point. The more points they get the better our chances to pick higher. If we continue to lose and they get points here and there we'll catch some of them.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This season has been complete madness. Total roller coaster. If anyone had said at the beginning it would pan out like this, I'd have called the van with square wheels.

Comments from AV are interesting, although, in saying that, you can listen to him for a ten minute press conference and go out more confused than before you went in.

He's confused too.

Reactions: shinchanyo

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm thinking the rangers get 8 more points the rest of the season.
Idk, I bet after the deadline passes and the rest of the guys know they're not getting traded, they will probably see a bump and start playing better. That is assuming they don't trade everyone.

AV's comments I think think are phrased poorly but I think that's just what he meant. That a lot of guys aren't even worrying about playing well, they're worried about getting traded and when.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I've never before felt the way I do about this team right now. I want them to lose every game for the long term betterment of the franchise and can't even bring myself to watch games because of that. I spent all night in the trade thread but didn't watch a second of the game . Feels really weird.

It's been 14 years since we've been 'out of it' at this point of the season. So yeah its an unfamiliar feeling. Thankfully I was more well prepared thanks to the NY Giants performance this year.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I was at the game. Not surprised by the outcome. It is what it is at this point, though the kids at the game seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No lack of interest or passion here. Just at a loss for words other than making jokes and saying the obvious that we need to build again
Agreed. We all know what needs to happen. Hopefully with a little luck and teams like Montreal, edmonton and detroit winning some games we can somehow find a top 3/4 pick.
We still have something to look forward to. Hopefully 2-3 first round picks and some new prospects to infuse into this organization. Even if we have to suffer for another year after this so be it. Still have faith in Gorton

Reactions: trilobyte

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017

You aren't alone.

I've come to terms with it because somewhat ironically, to quote AV, it's the right thing to do. Still feels dirty and awful though. I have no idea how fans of teams like the Oilers have done this for about a decade.

Hoping Gorton gets us a first for Nash so we have an extra first to play with, regardless of what happens to our RFA guys and any others. And I'm looking forward to Sunday for Jean Ratelle's big night.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
It was never this bad even during the Dark Ages, but this year is going to end up being a blessing in disguise for the organization, I think. Just hope Gorton gets it right over the summer.

My biggest concern is now when we see all of our important players the last 5 years (Lundqvist, Stepan, McDonagh, Nash) aren't in the lineup, they're not just bad, they're terrible and uninspired. A retool/tweak was probably needed, but it seems like not only did the bad contracts (Staal, Girardi) bring on this, but it seems like they're are a lot of passengers remaining. Hopefully last year's draft and this year's assess that issue. Lias/Chytil both look great. That's probably my biggest issue with Gorton moving forward. He needs to, at least, understand what went wrong, diagnosis the needs/strengths of the team better, and go from there.

Have to hand it to Kreider, he had a great game despite everything else. Of all the wingers currently here, he's the one who should be completely off the table.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t buy the narrative that any player’s career is being wasted playing for the Rangers.
Of course team success is important but there’s so much more to one’s - anyone’s - professional existence.
Any player sulking in this situation is not a player I want to support.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It was never this bad even during the Dark Ages, but this year is going to end up being a blessing in disguise for the organization, I think. Just hope Gorton gets it right over the summer.

My biggest concern is now when we see all of our important players the last 5 years (Lundqvist, Stepan, McDonagh, Nash) aren't in the lineup, they're not just bad, they're terrible and uninspired. A retool/tweak was probably needed, but it seems like not only did the bad contracts (Staal, Girardi) bring on this, but it seems like they're are a lot of passengers remaining. Hopefully last year's draft and this year's assess that issue. Lias/Chytil both look great. That's probably my biggest issue with Gorton moving forward. He needs to, at least, understand what went wrong, diagnosis the needs/strengths of the team better, and go from there.

Have to hand it to Kreider, he had a great game despite everything else. Of all the wingers currently here, he's the one who should be completely off the table.
I think what you’re saying is that there’s plenty to look forward to as a Ranger fan. And that you’re optimistic. If so, I agree! Keep that faith.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Small sample size aside, Georgiev is showing enough to be pencilled in as backup for next year. No need to keep Pavelec around.

Pretty remarkable how he has performed considering the circumstances. Hope AV keeps throwing him in there, who cares anymore.

I mean he’s made 71 saves on 77 shots in two games...currently sitting with a .922 SV%. Short sample size sure but how many goalie would get absolutely shelled in that situation especially in their first NHL taste?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Can't wait to lose to Detroit in honor of Jean Ratelle.
Bad timing huh? Could've done this 10 years ago, should've done it (at the very least) a couple years ago......they wait until we suck. Jean probably doesn't even wanna show, the Rangers aren't so why should he? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->