Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Definitely Brock Faber for me. I haven't watched much college hockey in the last... when did Haula leave? But Faber sounds a lot like a Brodin-heavy, and has the accolades to show for it.

After him, it's Yurov, Lambos or Addison for me.

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
I was super impressed with Lambos at the prospect camp scrimmage so have to go with him here.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Im going Faber here, but couldve just as easily went with Lambos or Yurov.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lambos, Faber, Yurov, and Ohgren seem to be on the same general tier.

Not sure if ROR should be included there, also. He had a really good year, and seems to be a rock solid, leader type who has some physicality and size.

We are in really good shape for D prospects. Need more high end forwards.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Went Yurov, from everything I've read it seems like he's a borderline #1 pick-level talent. Lambos had similar remarks about him in his draft year (and ultimately was drafted in a similar spot). Faber, as the Big 10 D of the year (ahead of Power), seems like he may be more likely to have a better career than Yurov/Lambos, but doesn't have the ceiling that either player has if things go right.

Ohgren & O'Rourke seem like the next tier and seem relatively similar "types" of prospects albeit forward/defense.

Reactions: Minnesota and AKL

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Lambos had a good camp. I think super good is a little far-fetched. I think it's more that Russo said "he's a stud" driving public opinion. Even though Russo wasn't even in the building on Wednesday.

Russo is so overrated.
At this point, he's underrated.

Enough people called Yurov a "top 10 talent" to sway me. Heard some rumblings about that for Lambos, but not as much and not as definitive. Same tier though.
I think Lambos is a very good prospect but his season was not good enough for me rates him over Yurov who was considered a top 10 talent in the draft.

Not sure if I project Lambos more middle pairing defenseman just yet. Give me one more outstanding season and I will upgrade him

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
If he was, he'd have easily been our top prospect. He may have that type of potential ceiling, but he's not a sure enough bet to be that level of a pick.
I think there are a lot of factors that are really unique to our current situation over the past 12-24 months and unique to Russia's development system. In addition, this is one of the first drafts in recent memory to combine some of that unknown in ability to scout (when he was playing his best against his peers) combined with a war in Europe breaking out AND at the same time there were rocketing concerns about Russian hockey players (prospects) abiltiy to get visas and actually play in the NHL (if not avoid getting drafted into an army). It's a little bit more complex than what you're saying. Some of those complexities and to the degree that those situations have caused uncertainty are the reason he's not #1, but they are the reason he's not at the level of Ohgren.

Yurov outperformed Kucherov/Kaprizov at the same level at a similar age if not the same age (I believe this is true but that could be wrong). Yurov going into this last season, was in many conversations a top 2-4 pick with a chance to go higher (but most would have said Wright) until this last season where he was a victim of his own success (mostly getting benched on a men's team) and the Russian situation.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think there are a lot of factors that are really unique to our current situation over the past 12-24 months and unique to Russia's development system. In addition, this is one of the first drafts in recent memory to combine some of that unknown in ability to scout (when he was playing his best against his peers) combined with a war in Europe breaking out AND at the same time there were rocketing concerns about Russian hockey players (prospects) abiltiy to get visas and actually play in the NHL (if not avoid getting drafted into an army). It's a little bit more complex than what you're saying. Some of those complexities and to the degree that those situations have caused uncertainty are the reason he's not #1, but they are the reason he's not at the level of Ohgren.

Yurov outperformed Kucherov/Kaprizov at the same level at a similar age if not the same age (I believe this is true but that could be wrong). Yurov going into this last season, was in many conversations a top 2-4 pick with a chance to go higher (but most would have said Wright) until this last season where he was a victim of his own success (mostly getting benched on a men's team) and the Russian situation.
Very similar per game numbers, though Kucherov played pretty much double the games.

Yurov seemed to be pretty solidly in the 4-8 range in the 2022 prelim rankings.

And holy shit, how the hell did Kucherov slip to the 2nd round? 21 points in 7 games in the U18's in his draft year to go along with excellent MHL numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille