Not open for further replies.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Watching him play.

I think he has 1st pair upside.

A LHD like Pietrangelo

Hipster XD

Sorry, I think ROR gets into the conversation at #3 and gets tons of praise of finding him outside of the 1st but for me Rossi and Boldy are the clear top tier. Boldy was amazing all year, even better at the WJC, then improved again at the AHL. I can't think of a single flaw that would make doubt he will be an impact NHLer; even Rossi has his small size you can question.

But fully support ROR getting into the convo after Boldy.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Hipster XD

Sorry, I think ROR gets into the conversation at #3 and gets tons of praise of finding him outside of the 1st but for me Rossi and Boldy are the clear top tier. Boldy was amazing all year, even better at the WJC, then improved again at the AHL. I can't think of a single flaw that would make doubt he will be an impact NHLer; even Rossi has his small size you can question.

But fully support ROR getting into the convo after Boldy.
No reason to be sorry.

It's just an opinion.

I don't know how rossi is going to be after his year off and I think Boldy's upside is hopefully similar to Tuck but has absolutely no grit and tuffness. I've been watching him for 5-7 years and that's just my opinion which by no means is always correct. He's really skilled with good vision but gets knocked around a lot for his size

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
i would love to hear an explanation how a 20thOA in a weak draft is a better prospect than a #9OA in a good draft that has been widely known as dropping from the top 5

(1) Wallstedt has played against players older than him most of his career. He was the youngest player to ever suite up for a game in the top U20 league (he was 14). He was the youngest goaltender to play in the top league in the Swedish Elite League. His record speaks for himself - and his record breaking career so far. It doesn't matter where he was drafted. I am looking at track record. Wallstedt himself dropped out of the top 10 as well.

(2) Rossi's health uncertainty. I want to see Rossi actually play this year and see his progression, before declaring him back. He may have some rust in his game that needs to be knocked off, but given the top 5 slots for Minnesota being 3rd isn't that bad.

(3) There is a razor thin margin between all four prospects for Minnesota; Boldy, Rossi, Wallstedt and Lambos are all blue chip guys that could become elite players for Minnesota in the future. Boldy is the most ready and that's why I think he's number 1. Wallstedt, Rossi and Lambos are all the next up. Wallstedt is higher, because of his record breaking career. I didn't even think he would be available at 10, less 20.

(4) Position of important; yes, you need a top center. But you also need a top goaltender. We all saw how valuable goaltending was in the playoffs this year. Minnesota has never had a top flight goaltender in their draft year. Harding, Hackett, Jones, Kuemper, Lindberg, Kahkonen were good goaltenders, but they weren't considered blue chip or elite guys. Most of them were seen as platooned goaltenders. Wallstedt is the first goaltender Minnesota has taken that had elite potential right off the bat. So I'm a little biased there.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
(1) Wallstedt has played against players older than him most of his career. He was the youngest player to ever suite up for a game in the top U20 league (he was 14). He was the youngest goaltender to play in the top league in the Swedish Elite League. His record speaks for himself - and his record breaking career so far. It doesn't matter where he was drafted. I am looking at track record. Wallstedt himself dropped out of the top 10 as well.

(2) Rossi's health uncertainty. I want to see Rossi actually play this year and see his progression, before declaring him back. He may have some rust in his game that needs to be knocked off, but given the top 5 slots for Minnesota being 3rd isn't that bad.

(3) There is a razor thin margin between all four prospects for Minnesota; Boldy, Rossi, Wallstedt and Lambos are all blue chip guys that could become elite players for Minnesota in the future. Boldy is the most ready and that's why I think he's number 1. Wallstedt, Rossi and Lambos are all the next up. Wallstedt is higher, because of his record breaking career. I didn't even think he would be available at 10, less 20.

(4) Position of important; yes, you need a top center. But you also need a top goaltender. We all saw how valuable goaltending was in the playoffs this year. Minnesota has never had a top flight goaltender in their draft year. Harding, Hackett, Jones, Kuemper, Lindberg, Kahkonen were good goaltenders, but they weren't considered blue chip or elite guys. Most of them were seen as platooned goaltenders. Wallstedt is the first goaltender Minnesota has taken that had elite potential right off the bat. So I'm a little biased there.

those are some good points, i dont necessarily agree with you in their rankings, but you make a very good case here. i still think rossi is our best prospect. my ranks (top5) are:
rossi
boldy
wallstedt
orourke
lambos

Reactions: thestonedkoala

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
those are some good points, i dont necessarily agree with you in their rankings, but you make a very good case here. i still think rossi is our best prospect. my ranks (top5) are:
rossi
boldy
wallstedt
orourke
lambos
I have both Lambos and O'Rourke over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad