• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
getting sucked into Petrovski hype from WJC's. IMO, anyone past #12 on this list is a longshot to make the NHL for any length of time.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Been going Johansson since #13. To be clear, he put up 32 points in 58 Liiga games in the regular season, and then 7 points in 10 playoff games, with a good shot and size. That size is something Guerin has shown he is trying to acquire in his defenders (though I haven't heard of him being very physical with the size). I think Simon will be on the Big Wild sometime this year or next. I can't say about anyone else at #13 or lower that I think they have a better than 40% chance to make the NHL, but I would say that about Johnasson.

Obviously, though, it'll depend on how he does in the AHL. I doubt he makes the team out of camp, given the logjam currently at his position in the NHL.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Been going Johansson since #13. To be clear, he put up 32 points in 58 Liiga games in the regular season, and then 7 points in 10 playoff games, with a good shot and size. That size is something Guerin has shown he is trying to acquire in his defenders (though I haven't heard of him being very physical with the size). I think Simon will be on the Big Wild sometime this year or next. I can't say about anyone else at #13 or lower that I think they have a better than 40% chance to make the NHL, but I would say that about Johnasson.

Obviously, though, it'll depend on how he does in the AHL. I doubt he makes the team out of camp, given the logjam currently at his position in the NHL.
I'll be interested to see if he can play defense in the AHL, and can deal with the physicality. I have my doubts that he is NHL material, but if he works out, a RHD with size and some skill would be welcome. I have he and Hentges in a similar tier- two aging prospects who haven't excelled, but still have some potential to be bottom of the lineup players for a while.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Last year's poll results, FWIW.

1. Marco Rossi (65%).............................. Marco Rossi (59.2%)
2. Jesper Wallstedt (96%).................... 2. Matt Boldy (89.3%)
3. Danila Yurov (45.3%)........................ 3. Jesper Wallstedt (53.8%)
4. Carson Lambos (59.0%) ................... 4. Carson Lambos (63.4%)
5. Brock Faber (60.3%) ........................ 5. Calen Addison (56.9%)
6. Liam Ohgren (76.4%)........................ 6. Ryan O’Rourke (57.8%)
7. Calen Addison (50%)......................... 7. Marat Khusnutdinov (70.2%)
8. Ryan O’Rourke (44.9%).................... 8. Adam Beckman (75%)
9. Marat Khusnutdinov (75.6%)............. 9. Jack Peart (36%
10. Jack Peart (51.0%).......................... 10. Daemon Hunt (41.2%)
11. Adam Beckman (58%)..................... 11. Alexander Khovanov (60.9%)
12. Daemon Hunt (60%)....................... 12. Vladislav Firstov (33.3%)
13. Hunter Haight (81.4%).................... 13. Connor Dewar (35.5%)
14. Rieger Lorenz (29.0%)..................... 14. Nikita Nesterenko (45.2%)
15. Pavel Novak (55.9%)....................... 15. Pavel Novak (37.0%)

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'll be interested to see if he can play defense in the AHL, and can deal with the physicality. I have my doubts that he is NHL material, but if he works out, a RHD with size and some skill would be welcome. I have he and Hentges in a similar tier- two aging prospects who haven't excelled, but still have some potential to be bottom of the lineup players for a while.
Agreed on the AHL thing. His transition is going to be very telling as to what his future is. I think he sounds like a better skating but smaller Kurtis Foster, so I'm optimistic on him at least having some NHL future, though probably bottom pairing and maybe 2nd PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino