Prospect Info: Minnesota Wild Prospect Ranking - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Wanted to homer vote for Svetlakov, but I like that Lodnia kid too much... although, iirc, Lodnia speaks Russian too, so it still could be considered a homer vote from my side. :)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have no clue, so am not going to vote. Liked Belpedio's game a couple of years ago, but haven't kept up with him.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Kähkönen is very intriguing. One of the best young Finnish goalies at the moment. Picked him over Lodnia/Svetlakov, simply because I don't know enough about the latter two.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Asked this question in the other thread but why do people regard Kahkonen as above Michalek? Michalek put up a .919 save percentage in the AHL last season, for a non-playoff team. KK put up a .921 save percentage in Liiga, also on a not good team. But the AHL is the better league and KK was well behind Jussi Rynnas and also former Wild goalies Leland Irving (Iowa) and 39 year old Nik Backstrom in save percentage.

Obviously there are those who watch a lot of Liiga but Michalek is also signed and definitely heads the depth chart at the position. That would put him far above the other goalies in the system in my opinion.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I went with Lucia, would have been Belpedio but I don't think he's coming to Minny.

I don't put any of this year's picks or the goalies over guys like Steeler, Soucy or Anas (in that order for me). I never mentioned them to add to the list. So here's some options for possible additions.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Asked this question in the other thread but why do people regard Kahkonen as above Michalek? Michalek put up a .919 save percentage in the AHL last season, for a non-playoff team. KK put up a .921 save percentage in Liiga, also on a not good team. But the AHL is the better league and KK was well behind Jussi Rynnas and also former Wild goalies Leland Irving (Iowa) and 39 year old Nik Backstrom in save percentage.

Obviously there are those who watch a lot of Liiga but Michalek is also signed and definitely heads the depth chart at the position. That would put him far above the other goalies in the system in my opinion.

I'm willing to bet there isn't a poster that watched both Michalek and Kahkonen throughout the year enough to make a decision on who is better. The people who like Kahkonen are probably from Finland and/or get to see him play a lot.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm willing to bet there isn't a poster that watched both Michalek and Kahkonen throughout the year enough to make a decision on who is better. The people who like Kahkonen are probably from Finland and/or get to see him play a lot.

Yeah I'm not even voting anymore because I've never seen any of these guys play for a second.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Most of our prospects at this point were ones that disappointed me a little last year. The ones that didn't were Kahkonen and Belpedio (say what you will of his size and defensive ability, he was nearing PPG last season from the blue line). Lodnia hasn't had the chance to impress or disappoint me since he was drafted yet, but his scouting report intrigues the heck out of me. I'm going with Lodnia, and then Kahkonen or Belpedio with the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->