Prospect Info: Minnesota Wild Prospect Ranking - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Due to popular demand (read: outrage :sarcasm:), lets get the #2 vote going.

giphy.gif

The winner of the first poll was Joel Eriksson Ek.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I voted Kaprizov, because I believe he has the highest ceiling. But Kunin has a higher likelihood of being a solid contributor to the Wild. I'm a little concerned as to whether Kaprizov will ever play in the NHL. I think Fletcher is also, as evidenced by him supposedly offering him to Vegas in the Haula trade.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Said it in the other thread as well, but until something more official than the club president hoping out loud that Kaprizov will extend is announced he remains absolutely one of the top two prospects.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Kunin. I think he's a sure fire NHL player in the future, and is far more of a sure thing than Kaprizov. Kaprizov is a higher ceiling player, but holds my 3rd spot now because of the uncertainty surrounding him. The longer it goes without him signing with CSKA Moscow, the more comfortable I am with his situation, but he is definitely being pressured to stay in Russia.

Yeah, Kaprizov will win handily, but alas, we are a democratic society, so we'll let the process play out :laugh:

It's funny, I've never really felt like voting is all that important, but when someone suddenly takes away my ability to vote, I get upset. Reminds me of Montey Python's Life of Brian.
(Paraphrased)
"I want the right to be a woman."
"But you're a man, you can't be a woman, so what's the use of having the right?"
"I know that, but I want to have the right."

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Eh, I still think Kunin is a better NHLer than Kaprizov. JEE is #1 for me because he's so close to being a surefire #2C at worst.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I voted Kunin. Kaprizov has the higher ceiling, but Kunin has a pretty high ceiling as well, and I think carries far less risk.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
It was Kunin for me @#1 so it's Kunin.

And I'm still basing it on who I see ending up with the best career. As I think you should when talking prospects.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Still Kaprizov, no question. Likeliness of coming over doesn't change the fact that he's the most skilled prospect we have.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Kunin was #2 to me before this KHL talk. Still is. If not just for the fact that he is a right handed center projected to be a top 6. Nice having a couple of excellent center prospects with Koivu ans Staal getting longer in the tooth. This kid is focused and driven. I've little doubt he will be our #1 center and Captain(if he outstays Parise/Suter). Kaprizov may be more skilled and better scorer, but I think Kunin is going to be a better hockey player.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Isn't Kunin projected for wing in the NHL?

Wasn't Burns projected for RW when he was drafted? The answer to both our questions is yes, but "projection" is just a fancy way of saying "educated guess". Projections will change year to year as the player develops, and while Burns had some time at both RW and D, so Kunin also has time at both RW and C. I think it's still likely Kunin becomes a wing, but I would not be shocked to see him develop into a fine center.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Isn't Kunin projected for wing in the NHL?

As long as he has defensive awareness (seems like he does at the NCAA & AHL levels), and can win face-offs (which can be taught), I think he projects as a centerman.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Olofsson for me. But I tend to value likely NHL floor higher than most, and i'm very confident in his ability to be a 2nd pairing defender in the NHL.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Thanks. Sounds like he'll be like Coyle then, very capable of playing both. They have time to experiment for now at least.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think if you want higher offensive output you play Kunin at wing. Though, I think he played center in the scrimmage yesterday. He's on record saying he can play all three forward positions.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Kunin then Olofsson for me, both could help the Wild this season. Kunin has the ceiling of a top-6 FWD, and the floor of a 3C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad