Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I like Hartman at center, but the bad faceoffs is too much for this team. 1 or 2 lost faceoffs over a game may not matter a bunch, but when your team is 5% more tired every night from chasing 5-10 extra lost draws, that adds up.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Hartman at center, but the bad faceoffs is too much for this team. 1 or 2 lost faceoffs over a game may not matter a bunch, but when your team is 5% more tired every night from chasing 5-10 extra lost draws, that adds up.
The oft overlooked thing about winning FO's is the job the wings have to do on the draws that aren't clear wins. Hartman would help win the 50/50 draws much more than a player like Johansson or Bjugstad, I would guess. Much credit to Hartman for jumping in and doing a decent job at C, but he's best at RW.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
The oft overlooked thing about winning FO's is the job the wings have to do on the draws that aren't clear wins. Hartman would help win the 50/50 draws much more than a player like Johansson or Bjugstad, I would guess. Much credit to Hartman for jumping in and doing a decent job at C, but he's best at RW.

If Foligno wasn’t extended, I feel like Hartman would have been the perfect 3rd line RW on a line with Greenway and Ek. Would have been able to replicate a lot of the success that line had with Kunin. I’d be interested to see if a full offseason and training camp could improve his FO%. Not that I want to go into next season with Ek, Rossi, and Hartman as our Top 9, but at least there would be the guaranteed improvement of Rossi over Rask.

I guess if we lose Greenway in the ED (I still think Parise should waive or be bought out to avoid this), then Foligno - Ek - Hartman should be a pretty solid line.

Val

Jan 19, 2021
They don’t want people getting caught up in the riots and looting that this is bound to devolve into as it gets darker here. It’s the right move to take.
I participated in the riots in Russia. But it never crossed my mind to rob store :rolleyes:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well i believe this means were going 4-4 for seattle ED. assuming we protect parise; zucc; fiala; JEE; dumba ; suter; spur; brodin that leaves exposed greenway; foligno; soucy & talbot as most likely to be picked. who would you pick if you were seattle gm?

Val

Jan 19, 2021
well i believe this means were going 4-4 for seattle ED. assuming we protect parise; zucc; fiala; JEE; dumba ; suter; spur; brodin that leaves exposed greenway; foligno; soucy & talbot as most likely to be picked. who would you pick if you were seattle gm?
Soucy

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If it's anything like the last expansion draft, there are going to be a plethora of good defensemen available, so when a good forward is exposed, they should get snatched up. If we expose Greenway, I think he gets taken.

That said, I think we'll go 7-3-1 and expose Dumba. The thinking is that, if we're losing a really good player either way, we might as well lose the one that we have the most ready replacement for, and that costs more money. I don't like it because I'm a big fan of Dumba both as a person and a player, but I think it's likely how it plays out.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Parise will waive, Dumba will be traded before the ED, and Guerin will still go 4+4, because he won't want to lose Soucy AND Dumba. If Dumba is traded for a player that is also ED eligible, then he might trade Greenway too.

A lot depends on how well Dumba plays from here on out. If he gets injured, or is just mediocre, then Guerin might just expose him and go 7+3. If he is really good, then he will be able to get something good in trade. If he is somewhere in between, it gets trickier.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If it's anything like the last expansion draft, there are going to be a plethora of good defensemen available, so when a good forward is exposed, they should get snatched up. If we expose Greenway, I think he gets taken.

That said, I think we'll go 7-3-1 and expose Dumba. The thinking is that, if we're losing a really good player either way, we might as well lose the one that we have the most ready replacement for, and that costs more money. I don't like it because I'm a big fan of Dumba both as a person and a player, but I think it's likely how it plays out.

4/4 - Expose Parise, Foligno, Rask, Hartman, Sturm, Soucy, Mennell, Belpedio and Talbot.

Have fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad