Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I'd have to imagine the NHL season will be suspended by Friday at the latest. It will be interesting to see what MLB does as its non-contact.
Not so sure on the MLB comment. How many players touch the ball on a dp? Ever seen a player spit, chew seeds/tobacco? Twins broadcast today mentioned the Seattle series end of this month would be moved to a different location. I wouldn't be surprised if the season was suspended for a few months.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not a commentary on the prudence of such a move, but it feels inevitable that this is going to end with the season being shortened while we're 1 point out of a playoff spot.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Not so sure on the MLB comment. How many players touch the ball on a dp? Ever seen a player spit, chew seeds/tobacco? Twins broadcast today mentioned the Seattle series end of this month would be moved to a different location. I wouldn't be surprised if the season was suspended for a few months.
They open the season at Oakland. Doubt that happens right now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have tickets to three Coyotes games and two Diamondbacks games in the next three weeks. Boy did I not plan this out well.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not a commentary on the prudence of such a move, but it feels inevitable that this is going to end with the season being shortened while we're 1 point out of a playoff spot.
And it wouldn't be legit since some teams have played more games than others. I can see a few GM's not being okay with that decision.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And it wouldn't be legit since some teams have played more games than others. I can see a few GM's not being okay with that decision.

Points %

We'd still be out

I can see some GM's and teams not being thrilled with it, but what are you gonna do? There are issues more pertinent than hockey.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
They're going to suspend or cancel the regular season. I just don't see any way it doesn't happen at this point.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hopefully they still do a lottery that we can win

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Points %

We'd still be out

I can see some GM's and teams not being thrilled with it, but what are you gonna do? There are issues more pertinent than hockey.
Agreed. I just think if you're going to cancel the season, cancel the whole damn thing.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Agreed. I just think if you're going to cancel the season, cancel the whole damn thing.

Apparently if this happens, the Cup is awarded to the team with the most points at time of cancellation.

Brad Marchand come on down and accept your second Stanley Cup ring ;)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Apparently if this happens, the Cup is awarded to the team with the most points at time of cancellation.

No Cup awarded. Or put one large arse asterisk next to it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Where did you hear that? The only other case is 1919, where they cancelled and awarded it to neither.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Where did you hear that? The only other case is 1919, where they cancelled and awarded it to neither.

My friend told me, not sure where he got it, could be wrong

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hopefully they still do a lottery that we can win
They should rig it so that we win lottery. It’s the least they can do for ending the season early

I heard they award to the cup to the team that has the Swiss player with the most points in the last 18 games

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I heard they award to the cup to the team that has the Swiss player with the most points in the last 18 games

I know this is joking but tbh I wouldn’t even want this years Cup if they cancel the season. It’ll never be seen as legitimate even if you had the most points.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I know this is joking but tbh I wouldn’t even want this years Cup if they cancel the season. It’ll never be seen as legitimate even if you had the most points.
Yeah it will be a totally degraded cup, as it should be.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What would be even worse would be barely making the playoffs, losing a chance at a lottery pick, yet not getting any playoff games.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Ok Lets say the season is delayed 3 weeks, and the NHL finds away to play remaining schedule and the Wild find a way to make the playoffs and playoffs start around May 1st, Does that change the thinking around Kaprizov? I know it sounds like he is going to play in worlds but.....

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Ok Lets say the season is delayed 3 weeks, and the NHL finds away to play remaining schedule and the Wild find a way to make the playoffs and playoffs start around May 1st, Does that change the thinking around Kaprizov? I know it sounds like he is going to play in worlds but.....
I don’t see a way the Wild are still playing at the end of May, even if they schedule gets pushed back and the finals are at end of July. There’s a few things at play:
1. There’s almost 0 chance that arena availability and rescheduling will work for all regular season games, and it’s somewhat an all or nothing situation.
2. if they push it back as the season ends just before August, you’re delaying the start of next year. There’s going to be games lost somewhere, whether that’s now or at the beginning of next season.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don’t see a way the Wild are still playing at the end of May, even if they schedule gets pushed back and the finals are at end of July. There’s a few things at play:
1. There’s almost 0 chance that arena availability and rescheduling will work for all regular season games, and it’s somewhat an all or nothing situation.
2. if they push it back as the season ends just before August, you’re delaying the start of next year. There’s going to be games lost somewhere, whether that’s now or at the beginning of next season.
They could shorten training camp and eliminate preseason.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

What I was saying is if my scenario happens, Does Kaprizov still play in Worlds or does he play with Wild in playoffs

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
They could shorten training camp and eliminate preseason.
I don’t think they’d ever completely eliminate the preseason. Either way, that doesn’t make up the near 2 months that will be missed if projections are to end playoffs in late July. I’m sure there’s a requirement for a minimum offseason for players too. 68 game season would be more likely for next year. Or, take the 70 game season this year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don’t think they’d ever completely eliminate the preseason. Either way, that doesn’t make up the near 2 months that will be missed if projections are to end playoffs in late July. I’m sure there’s a requirement for a minimum offseason for players too. 68 game season would be more likely for next year. Or, take the 70 game season this year.
There was a shortened camp without a preseason coming out of the lockout, I could see something similar to try to salvage as much of the regular season as possible next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad