Minnesota Wild General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Yeo has gotten over the old preferring the vets thing, that might've been a situation unique to MN, anyway. Parayko, Schwartz, and Tarasenko are all pretty young.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think Yeo has gotten over the old preferring the vets thing, that might've been a situation unique to MN, anyway. Parayko, Schwartz, and Tarasenko are all pretty young.

I'd assume he's learned a bit of a lesson there, but it's different when the young players were already big parts of the team.

It was about integrating young talent when it arrives. So you'd basically have to see how Yeo handles the Blue's coming prospects to tell for sure if he's still Vet heavy.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Yeah, I believe it was in a Russo-Souhan podcast.
Correct. Fenton has not watched any tape on him.

Which seems a little odd because you think Fenton would have watched at least a handful of Wild games at the end of last year. If I were GM, I would request a 1 hour tape for each game last season and watch one a day.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
So...in your opinion is there a chance the Blues upgrades can overcome the power of the Yeo Effect? One would think it would mitigate to some degree on the PP and to pick up more wins during the mid season abyssal dive, but I would like to hear your thoughts and maybe gain some insight in the process.

Best to accept your power play will never have any more life than a Yeo tantrum and move on. In terms of upgrading to get past the slump, it's not a lack of roster power that does it. It's going to have to be flexibility in Yeo and his millstone system, which as a first-time coach he had to be extra stubborn about here.

stranger

Jan 18, 2015
MN
At a career scoring rate of 32 points per full 82 game seasons that’s a little over 185k per point too. 722k per goal.

It's looking like Trouba may not sign. The numbers on a long term contract are actually closer to 8mil/year, not 6.5.

That's a bit high, but the point is Trouba will be paid nearly double whatever Dumba gets. Trouba is in the elite category of young defencemen. Dumba not so much. Good slap shot, I'll give him that. Loves to blast away. We'll know next week, so it will inarguable.

If you look at contracts for a Defenceman in terms of dollars per point or goals, then I don't know what to say.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's looking like Trouba may not sign. The numbers on a long term contract are actually closer to 8mil/year, not 6.5.

That's a bit high, but the point is Trouba will be paid nearly double whatever Dumba gets. Trouba is in the elite category of young defencemen. Dumba not so much. Good slap shot, I'll give him that. Loves to blast away. We'll know next week, so it will inarguable.

If you look at contracts for a Defenceman in terms of dollars per point or goals, then I don't know what to say.
If you think Dumba's getting half whatever Trouba gets I don't know what to say either.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

No, he won't, nor does he deserve to be. Trouba might be good defensively, is just ok offensively, and can hardly play a full season.

That said, if Dumba comes in at ~$4 million long-term, everybody here will be doing backflips and cartwheels. So jokes on us, I guess.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd assume he's learned a bit of a lesson there, but it's different when the young players were already big parts of the team.

It was about integrating young talent when it arrives. So you'd basically have to see how Yeo handles the Blue's coming prospects to tell for sure if he's still Vet heavy.
agreed

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

You must be high. The only thing elite about Trouba is his ability to miss 20+ games per season.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
anyone got line projections they want to see for next year? baring any trades that may happen and just using the roster we have now what would you like to see?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zucker - Staal - Granlund
Nino - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Anas

If Anas can't handle the NHL, bring up either Greenway or Kunin to play with Koivu/Nino and drop Coyle to Parise/Eriksson Ek.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Nino - Koivu - Coyle

If Anas can't handle the NHL, bring up either Greenway or Kunin to play with Koivu/Nino and drop Coyle to Parise/Eriksson Ek.

I'll personally be shocked if Greenway isn't on the team given Fenton's comments.

Reactions: 2Pair

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Nino - Koivu - Coyle

i like your thought process, i dont see how Anas will be up instead of Kunin given what they did last year but possibly? I like Anas just dont see it.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anas looks like an AHL lifer. I think Kunin will need quite a bit of time in Iowa before he is ready for the NHL.
Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
i like your thought process, i dont see how Anas will be up instead of Kunin given what they did last year but possibly? I like Anas just dont see it.

Kunin is recovering from a knee injury and didn't exactly light the world on fire down there when he was healthy either. I'd at least give him a few months in Iowa before thinking of bumping him up.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Sounds like Trouba might be as delusional as you are.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Smart organizations don't cross guys off the list so easily. If you produce at that level, you deserve at least a look at the next one.

some random-ish AHL scoring rates:

.66 ppg - Yanni Gourde
.65 ppg - Sam Anas
.59 ppg - JT Brown
.94 ppg - Tyler Ennis

Justin Kloos also scored at a .65 ppg rate last season by the way. But there are plenty of guys scoring in this range who aren't NHL players. Anas got his contract, proving that the Wild are a smart organization, but there just isn't a likely role for a guy who is smaller and less skilled than Tyler Ennis on this year's roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad