GDT: Minnesota vs Canisius 9 pm ESPN2 Thursday, 3-23-23; Fargo, ND;

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Meh. The wrong call after the game was well decided doesn't change the fact that the correct call was made with the game still in the balance. If it was a 1 or 2 goal game still, fine, complain. Comes off as sour grapes here.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I always assumed you were a NZ native that attended canisius
Nah. I’m from NZ and everyone calls me Griff … so KiwiGriff. Not much thought was placed into the account name TBH. Probably could have come up with something better. Wasn’t sure what the board was like and whether I’d stay, but now I’ve fallen in and I can’t get out.

Reactions: jc17 and Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If we rag on the officiating for the missed elbow call, I would point out that I thought Minnesota got away with a first period too many men on the ice incident which was why I was making jokes about the stripes not being able to count.

I mean, is was so obvious (to me at least) there was miles between the two teams from a skill and positional perspective. The fact that the Griffs were there and made it a game for almost 2 periods was impressive to me. That should go a long way in their recruiting efforts for D1 hockey players.

True. They were scrappy through 2, using the same method that other Atlantic teams have to keep it close and try to push deeper into the tournament - take the body and swarm. I hope it gives them a bit more exposure and that some of the players get a bit longer look from the minor pro levels if they want to continue to play as professionals. What Bowman did certainly should be in highlight reels for the goal of the week too.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2