OT: Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Zimmer declined an interview after the game. Sorry, but that comes off as a little classless.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Actually no...you don't have that "right."
Actually, he does have that right.

Listen, I can see both sides of this. When the Wild beat a team, we're often warned to avoid commenting in their forum since nothing good can come of it. And while this isn't a Vikings' forum, it's a Minnesota board, so naturally the majority are Vikings' fans. In that regard, of course having a Packers' fan on here celebrating plays that go against the Vikings feels like a troll trying to stir trouble. And let's face it, we're all beyond frustrated, angry, sad, and have short fuses. Because while other teams (including the Packers) have won a SB Championship, our team can't even get to @#$!ing participate in one. So having comments supporting the Eagles is no doubt going to get a VERY bad reaction. I was annoyed by it, but ignored it for two reasons. First, Digitalbooya is a respected Wild fan who is a part of this board. He's not a troll. He just happens to support a different football team. Hell, he didn't disappear when being ribbed a bit about his club's struggles this year. Second, while as frustrating as his comments may have been, for the most part, they weren't disrespectful. He wasn't loudly, constantly rubbing it in our faces. Half the time he was just commenting on the plays. It'd be wrong to warn or ban a regular here when they are not breaking the rules and are being respectful simply because they support a different team.

It was risky as hell to stir the beehive tonight, but I really don't think he did anything wrong. I'm sure many will disagree with that, but I'm too angry to care right now.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
DB acted like a boor. If you love PHI so much go and join their board.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Well that was definitely sad for sure. :( I can believe that they did this to us again but ughh.. It still hurts. :( I hope you all are doing okay. I guess we wait for next year again.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
This sums it up pretty well. Actually, this applies to several of our teams.

c77d1b74ee6d65e28fcd8fd8e8f1a818.jpg

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Actually, he does have that right.

Listen, I can see both sides of this. When the Wild beat a team, we're often warned to avoid commenting in their forum since nothing good can come of it. And while this isn't a Vikings' forum, it's a Minnesota board, so naturally the majority are Vikings' fans. In that regard, of course having a Packers' fan on here celebrating plays that go against the Vikings feels like a troll trying to stir trouble. And let's face it, we're all beyond frustrated, angry, sad, and have short fuses. Because while other teams (including the Packers) have won a SB Championship, our team can't even get to @#$!ing participate in one. So having comments supporting the Eagles is no doubt going to get a VERY bad reaction. I was annoyed by it, but ignored it for two reasons. First, Digitalbooya is a respected Wild fan who is a part of this board. He's not a troll. He just happens to support a different football team. Hell, he didn't disappear when being ribbed a bit about his club's struggles this year. Second, while as frustrating as his comments may have been, for the most part, they weren't disrespectful. He wasn't loudly, constantly rubbing it in our faces. Half the time he was just commenting on the plays. It'd be wrong to warn or ban a regular here when they are not breaking the rules and are being respectful simply because they support a different team.

It was risky as hell to stir the beehive tonight, but I really don't think he did anything wrong. I'm sure many will disagree with that, but I'm too angry to care right now.
Trolling a state/team specific board is in fact against the rules.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
We all knew that might happen. It's what they do. We are all better off expecting the Vikings to disappoint us in the end. Someday maybe we will be pleasantly surprised but in the meantime it saves some misery. This has been my stance since '98. I'm glad that I at least got to watch the Twins win.

Reactions: 2Pair

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It's just sad, man. I know many others here have been suffering through this for longer, but I'm 26, and not once in my lifetime have I gotten to even witness a championship game/round in any of the four sports (if you don't count the Twins when I was three months old). It's just so disappointing every time. It's days like today that make me question why I'm a big sports fan.

Go Wild...

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
It's just sad, man. I know many others here have been suffering through this for longer, but I'm 26, and not once in my lifetime have I gotten to even witness a championship game/round in any of the four sports (if you don't count the Twins when I was three months old). It's just so disappointing every time. It's days like today that make me question why I'm a big sports fan.

Go Wild...
My parents are from the north side of Chicago. They were Cubs fans for 75 years before they got to watch them win the World Series.

Someday it will come, and the misery between now and then will make it sweeter when it finally does happen.

Reactions: Wild11MN

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Trolling a state/team specific board is in fact against the rules.
Well then you can argue that there has been trolling in the NCAA hockey thread. And other Wild fans (while being respectful) have broken rules by commenting on other teams' boards after a win. Hell, there were some borderline rules broken in this very thread by several people today. Wishing harm on a player or "the bomb" comment. Obviously the bomb comment was a joke, but...................

Trolling is against the rules. I get that, and it should be. But this wasn't really trolling. This is probably something we won't agree on, so agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJL48

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well then you can argue that there has been trolling in the NCAA hockey thread. And other Wild fans (even being respectful) have broken rules by commenting on other teams' boards after a win. I've seen it. Hell, there were some borderline rules broken in this very thread by several people today. Wishing harm on a player or "the bomb" comment. Obviously the bomb comment was a joke, but...................

Trolling is against the rules. I get that. But this wasn't really trolling.
It absolutely 100% was a Packer fan trolling a Viking thread. The NCAA thread is definitely a tricky one. This is a Minnesota GDT, not hard at all to distinguish who the home team is in this one. I completely agree about some of the comments, but that just speaks to the need to actually eliminate the trolling in the first place.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It absolutely 100% was a Packer fan trolling a Viking thread. The NCAA thread is definitely a tricky one. This is a Minnesota GDT, not hard at all to distinguish who the home team is in this one. I completely agree about some of the comments, but that just speaks to the need to actually eliminate the trolling in the first place.
I agree....it wasn't hard to know that it was a Minnesota GDT. But let's say I was, God forbid, a Packers' fan, but I was also a big Wild fan who was part of the family here. I'd rather discuss the game with the crew here than over on the main board with hundreds of strangers. So if I behaved myself, am I still not allowed to post at all? He said things were going horribly for the Vikings. Well, we all said that. Most of his comments were to the same tune as everyone else with a few exceptions approving a touchdown or an interception. But it wasn't offensive. Yes, he was a Packers' fan, but most of what he said was the same thing we were commenting on. He wasn't saying crap like, "Ha! You guys are screwed! Chokers! I am loving this game!"

I don't know.

Damn you, Vikings!

Reactions: TJL48

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I agree....it wasn't hard to know that it was a Minnesota GDT. But let's say I was, God forbid, a Packers' fan, but I was also a big Wild fan who was part of the family here. I'd rather discuss the game with the crew here than over on the main board with hundreds of strangers. So if I behaved myself, am I still not allowed to post at all? He said things were going horribly for the Vikings. Well, we all said that. Most of his comments were to the same tune as everyone else with the exception of approving of a touchdown. Yes, he was a Packers' fan, but most of what he said was the same thing we were commenting on. He wasn't saying crap like, "Ha! You guys are screwed! Chokers! I am loving this game!"
cheering against the home team is not behaving yourself. And again, is against the rules. Why is this hard to understand?

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Did the Vikes just get beat or did the coaches blow it?

I really thought the Vikings focus was to bring the heat on Foles and force turnovers/points via defense.
But they didn't do this. In your opinion, did the coaches blow this or did the Eagles just manhandle Vikes defense?

And I thought the Vikes over did it a bit with calling Keenum's number in the 1st half to drop back and throw. Would of liked to see the Vikes run the ball more.

I thought jump on Foles and play safe on offense would equal a Vikings victory but it didn't play out like that.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
cheering against the home team is not behaving yourself. And again, is against the rules. Why is this hard to understand?
I fully understand what trolling is and that it's against the rules. I just think this situation isn't totally black or white....it's grey area.

But we're just going to have to agree to disagree. It's been a rough night.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The trolling was clearly done to antagonize Vikings fans. It was disappointing to see and frankly, it doesn’t matter if it’s happened on another thread. Address it with the mods if it’s a problem. Packer fans can be happy that the Vikings got eliminated today, but with the amount of disappointed Vikings fans in the thread, it would probably be best to keep those comments off of this board and to either the Philly thread or a neutral thread.

Reactions: 57special

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I prefer the team that is using their backup quarterback.

Dammit Jacksonville. Now I HAVE to root for philly all things considered.

That national anthem was amazing!

Pick 6!!!!

Nice!! Touchdown!

Uhhh what?

They play rough in Philly.

Turnover! Wow!!! Things are going horribly for Minnesota.

Well that was unnecessary.

Alshon Jeffery wide open.

Minnesota has got to score before halftime. They risk completely falling away if they don’t.
Here are all my posts leading up to the moment where people got upset. I apologize if any of these posts upset people as I thought it was okay to have a preference on which team I want to win as long as I didn't target anyone. I don't view them as trolling and there would have been positive comments for Minnesota but two things happened: I missed the opening drive when I went to get my pizza (I saw the national anthem and the kickoff) and Minnesota did almost nothing positive after that drive.

I appreciate the words, NHL1674.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul

Don't think a hockey forum can really have a home football team. This is the Minnesota Wild section of a hockey forum. Not football. It is a place for WILD fans to discuss things. Not strictly Minnesota Sports fans. I don't think that rule really applies when talking about football.

And taking this outside the message board do you think the Viking fans at the game in Philly deserved what they got? They were cheering against the home team, so they weren't behaving themselves? I am sure you don't believe that.

There is a difference between trolling and just rooting for a different team. Rooting for a different team is not against the rules. I thought nothing that DB said came close to trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->