Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in negotiations to buy the Minnesota Timberwolves for $1.5 billion

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Glen Taylor did great with the Minnesota Lynx 4 championships in 6 years

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
From what I remember, Seattle's arena had 2 years left when they left and part of the settlement was to keep the name, colours etc...so another Seattle team could use them.
Stern also said if they continue with any legal action the nba will never deal with the city again.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Stern also said if they continue with any legal action the nba will never deal with the city again.

I didn't believe that "threat" anyways. NBA isn't going to tell a fellow owner no you can't bring a new team to Seattle or tell someone like OVG that we were never gonna let Seattle have a team again ever.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
If the sonic's 2008 relocation saga happened today it would not have happened in the same way. There is no way Adam silver could rip a team from the city like that and maintain his public perception.

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If the sonic's 2008 relocation saga happened today it would have not have happened in the same way. They is no way Adam silver could rip a team from the city like that and maintain his public perception.

If the 95 key arena renovation was done today, no way it would been designed like that either. The team ended up leaving cause the owner at the time wanted nothing to do with the NHL in the building and had the arena designed to be a long term failure in order to keep out the NHL. I think the only way a team relocates today if its a market issue. Only 2 teams have that problem. New Orleans and Memphis.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
If the 95 key arena renovation was done today, no way it would been designed like that either. The team ended up leaving cause the owner at the time wanted nothing to do with the NHL in the building and had the arena designed to be a long term failure in order to keep out the NHL. I think the only way a team relocates today if its a market issue. Only 2 teams have that problem. New Orleans and Memphis.
There are a lot of reasons to justify moving the Memphis Grizzlies and i don't believe the backlash whould be nearly on the level of the Sonic's or Brooklyn Dodgers.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
KG would be a good option as an investor. That guy is the T-Wolves franchise.

The Sonics fans on Twitter and elsewhere calling for the T-Wolves relocation can go pound sand. What an annoying group they are.

Its a small minority of vocal fans. Pay no attention to them. The majority of the Seattle NBA fans support expansion over relocation cause they don't want another city to lose their team like Seattle did. For years some of those thought Balmer was gonna move the clippers to Seattle until Balmer bought the forum from MSG and realized that balmer was never ever going to move the clippers.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad