Minnesota State Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is the first year I'm missing the State Tournament in over 15yrs... I usually take the week off work, but this year I just needed to save those days off for other things. So here I am stuck at work whilst great hockey is being played in it's purest form...

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Love the State Tournament. A ton of fun watching these kids playing for the pride of their home town.

It's good hockey, too. Saw it yesterday during one of the intermissions; a pretty impressive list of NHL players that have gone through The Tourney.

Flipper Anderson

Jul 20, 2015
Hope to catch this live one year, its beautiful.

No better time to post this, saw it on twitter when it happened. One of the Section Final games. Great long ice saucer pass, great finish and great celebration with crowd.

Someone who knows what they're doing can fix it for me. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4rywz1HiyeQ

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
it's Insane how different high School hockey is in the states than In canada

To be fair our most talented highschool kids would be in CHL leagues which can draw decent crowds.

That being said - the US definitely supports its highschool/college sports beyond what I've seen anywhere else in the world.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
it's Insane how different high School hockey is in the states than In canada

High school hockey is really only popular/good in Minnesota. Everywhere else they play Tier1/AAA hockey. Fox Motors, Little Caesars, Boston Advantage, Honey Baked, Jr Kings, Etc.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
High school hockey is really only popular/good in Minnesota. Everywhere else they play Tier1/AAA hockey. Fox Motors, Little Caesars, Boston Advantage, Honey Baked, Jr Kings, Etc.

Prep/School is pretty popular in Massachusetts as well.

And I know that there are quite a few NHL scouts in the Minn HS circuit and this is their premier event.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

New record for attendance in a single session!

The tweet was incorrect on the old record though, as that was set just last year at 21,609 as seen in the link below...

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/high-school-hockey/2015/3/7/8167923/2015-minnesota-boys-high-school-total-attendance-record-135618

The total also includes a Minnesota indoor hockey record 21,609 for the Friday evening session.

The Wild will never be able to match those numbers at the X, because the Fire Marshall is waiving the legal building capacity to get these people in... something they will ONLY do for High School Hockey, and will never do for the Wild and the NHL.

The Wild regularly get 19,000+ each night... but that High School Attendance number is insane! New indoor hockey record for Minnesota.

Last edited:

Chungo

Dec 7, 2010
I was travelling in Minnesota last year during this tournament. Amazing culture in Minnesota. Definitely want to see one of these games.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The best part are the critiques of all the awesome hockey flow of some of the kids. Don't they usually have a video that highlights the best of them after the tourney? The commentators are great about that too. So funny.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
The best part are the critiques of all the awesome hockey flow of some of the kids. Don't they usually have a video that highlights the best of them after the tourney? The commentators are great about that too. So funny.

Oh yes. The all hair team is what they call it. Lots of great flow this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad