Rumor: Minnesota might be looking to trade for Tokarski

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Never liked Tokarski. Quite often out of position, makes himself small in nets, can't play the puck out of the net, and gives huge rebounds very often.

As a result, the whole team has to play crazy defense. He won't last long in the league. I'd do the trade in a heartbeat.

Quite Young, makes himself older, can play if Price is out of the net, gives a chance to get a rebound in playoffs.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
You know nothing about developing goalies.

Oh, totally. I mean, from reading your post, and the one you replied to, that would be the only conclusion for sure! :laugh: I guess I also forgot about how many player agents these days lobby to keep their clients buried in depth charts around the league. :dunce:

The majority of good goalies in the NHL have spent 2.5 years in the AHL and then 2.5 years as a back up before they were legit starters.

I'm obviously excluding blue chip goalies drafted in the top 5.

So when I point out that Tokarski has spent 4 years in the AHL already, and this looking like a full year as a back-up, how does your math turn into a point again? And stepping back a bit, what definition of "good" do you use that includes Tokarski, but hopefully not any of the examples that I'm likely to bring up if this actually turns into a discussion?

Aaaaaand go.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
That Eklund level of made up crap, the Hockey News is really circling the drain. Tokarski has the friendliest cap hit of all the bench warmer in the NHL for the next two season. Bergevin is never getting a cheaper deal, and it not like he has any bad contract left to unload.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
That Eklund level of made up crap, the Hockey News is really circling the drain. Tokarski has the friendliest cap hit of all the bench warmer in the NHL for the next two season. Bergevin is never getting a cheaper deal, and it not like he has any bad contract left to unload.

Which is why it doesn't make sense organizationally (like I've already said) but if it did happen, and I don't think anyone can completely rule that out yet, I'd certainly expect that to be reflected in the return.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No chance. Price can't play every single game on the schedule, and the talent drops off big time in the organization after Tokarski.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I wouldnt mind seeing Tokarski get moved, especially now that his value is at an all time high. The guy is a battler like Thomas but i never feel comfortable whenever hes playing. His goaltending style is too high variance imo, he can get a shutout one game and let 5-6 in the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->