Minnesota is the tightest team in the NHL

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Those gold helmets are art in motion.

Vegas stole this game. It happens.....

Neither team deserved to win. Vegas took their foot off the gas in the 2nd and gave up 2 wonky goals. Minnesota took their foot off the gas in the last 10 minutes of the game. Both teams equally played 30 minutes of shit hockey.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah,the refs should've called a couple on VGK, but all in all, MN just isn't ready to win against the big boys. When you are rolling out guys like Rask, Bjugstad, and Bonino as your centers you are at a disadvantage. JEE is a great #3 C, a decent #2...he can't be the best center on the team.

MN is a work in progress in an oddball year. Hopefully they are better next year after they get rid of some of the deadwood, and bring in some new talent like Boldy, Addison, and Rossi.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Nah, they are very good, they got a point in away game vs a very strong opponent. They still need to be better, though. Their bottom6 just don't have enough skill to outplay opponents, but they can outgrind them. The problem is it takes a lot of stamina, and sometimes they go down.
That poster was referring to your threads...

Reactions: 57special

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah,the refs should've called a couple on VGK, but all in all, MN just isn't ready to win against the big boys. When you are rolling out guys like Rask, Bjugstad, and Bonino as your centers you are at a disadvantage. JEE is a great #3 C, a decent #2...he can't be the best center on the team.

MN is a work in progress in an oddball year. Hopefully they are better next year after they get rid of some of the deadwood, and bring in some new talent like Boldy, Addison, and Rossi.

I f***ing love JEE's game and I can't imagine what it's going to look like when he's actually playing DOWN the lineup.

Even better times to come for you guys

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I f***ing love JEE's game and I can't imagine what it's going to look like when he's actually playing DOWN the lineup.

Even better times to come for you guys
Hey buddy, can you spare us a C?

The best thing about JEE is the moronic, punchable look he gets on his face during scrums. He drives opponents crazy. I think he is a top 10 defensive C in the league already. Fast enough to stay with most guys, big and strong enough to stay with big guys, and a born mucker. Just not a guy you look to for finesse.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Amazing how Vegas never has to pk. Nice advantage.

Never has to PK? Oh, Vegas has to PK. In fact, they are the second best team at the PK in the league, behind and very very close to #1 Tampa Bay. Sure, a couple calls were missed, but would it have done #31 PP Minnie any good? Then you'd also have to call the missed infractions Minnie committed--the glaringly obvious trip of Tuch comes to mind. It's funny how fans, me included, see every missed call an opponent commits but none of our own, isn't it?

You sure you want to make that trade of calling missed offenses on both sides, with Vegas already 2 for 3 on PP in the game? It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Never has to PK? Oh, Vegas has to PK. In fact, they are the second best team at the PK in the league, behind and very very close to #1 Tampa Bay. Sure, a couple calls were missed, but would it have done #31 PP Minnie any good? Then you'd also have to call the missed infractions Minnie committed--the glaringly obvious trip of Tuch comes to mind. It's funny how fans, me included, see every missed call an opponent commits but none of our own, isn't it?

You sure you want to make that trade of calling missed offenses on both sides, with Vegas already 2 for 3 on PP in the game? It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

One team had PP opportunities, one team didn't. Nuance your way around that.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
One team had PP opportunities, one team didn't. Nuance your way around that.

One team committed a ton more infractions than the other. Parise got away with holding at least half a dozen times last night, for example.

Penalties aren't fair and balanced gifts.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
So the Wild layed a gigantic egg. Should have went with the C section...cause that shits loose forever now

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
One team committed a ton more infractions than the other. Parise got away with holding at least half a dozen times last night, for example.

Penalties aren't fair and balanced gifts.

Lol....Vegas is a big, physical team that plays a very tight game (ironic given the thread title) so no penalties against them is not some sign that they float divinely above every one else.....it is @#$% refereeing. Which is far more likely than the produced infractions count you are trying here. Your only argument is that it should have been even more one sided than it was.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Lol....Vegas is a big, physical team that plays a very tight game (ironic given the thread title) so no penalties against them is not some sign that they float divinely above every one else.....it is @#$% refereeing. Which is far more likely than the produced infractions count you are trying here. Your only argument is that it should have been even more one sided than it was.

Have I whined before when my team lost and I felt jobbed by the refs? Yes I have. It's a rite of passage for sports fans.

It should have been more one sided.Vegas should have had 49 power plays, I counted them. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

lawrence

May 19, 2012
reminds me of the 2003 Wild where they beat the power house Avs, down 3-1 and beat another pretty good team in the Vancouver Canucks 3-1.

This Version of the Wild however is a more wide open and uses more skill. That one is literally air tight defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->