Serratore - Sacchetti - Matson

Helgeson - Ness
Fairchild - Alt
Wehrs - Schmidt

Kangas
Patterson
Kremer

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Dire times on this board; 4 consecutive posts from rival fans and none from the homers. C'mon guys, let us know you're okay!

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
how's Nate Schmidt's play been? seems to be on a goalie rotation of every other game

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Well the gophers got Don Adamed. Yuck! He is just terrible. In a two ref system he is even worse. Half the calls both ways i do not agree with. He goes to replay too often, takes too long and really ruins the flow of a game. he is trigger happy one period and lets them go another.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Well the gophers got Don Adamed. Yuck! He is just terrible. In a two ref system he is even worse. Half the calls both ways i do not agree with. He goes to replay too often, takes too long and really ruins the flow of a game. he is trigger happy one period and lets them go another.
Brad Sheppard wasn't much better with the Sioux/Bulldog game last nite either. Whistle was literally swallowed the last period and it went both ways.WCHA refs have to tbe the worse in the country.

Badger36

Jan 4, 2010
Columbus, OH
Another great weekend of Bucky vs the rodents. Im very pleased with the Badgers taking 3 points from the rodents, especially when they had to come back twice from a defecit twice in the 2nd game.
Bring on Sue!!!

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I'm not coming here to kick sand in anyone's face but I'm wondering how much is it going to take before John Hill is fired? I'm sure it doesn't escape any Goph fan's notice that Bill Butters was there for the taking and is running a pretty tight ship in Madison, the hellmouth for Gopher fans, for a first year coach. It isn't like the talent isn't there...even with injuries Minny should be better than this. You can't completely blame the goalies...they aren't a problem until their junior year when the media has made them a head case. Okay, so at least Patterson is not to blame right now. I still maintain losing Guentzel has spelled doom in Dinkytown.

As for Don Adams, that's no s**t. I thought Randy Schmidt came back to haunt The Badgers! Apparently Craig Smith getting taken down by Helgeson was a penalty because Smith doesn't have the Scandanavian name. No doubt the calls were dodgy both ways...like I'm going to b*tch about a bad call against the Gophs;)

Last edited:

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Your team is up and down worse than a yo-yo. Hard to figure out.

We have a young team. But we played great in CC a while back. I would say coaching. But to bounce back after the Mich St game. Lucia had to have some influence.

I still feel, what ever it is. We better make the NCAAs or we will have a new coach.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Half time grades.

Everyone D+.

More of the same. The glass is not half full or half empty. Its broken and the water has spilled out.

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
heading to the Ralph sporting Maroon an Gold this weekend. Hopefully we get the best the Gophers have and Patterson can steal some points. Always a tense game when these two hook up. :yo:

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Getting a split is never a bad thing in NoDak.

We need sweeps if we want to get to the NCAAs. And if Lucia wants to keep his job. We play like we did on friday. We can do it. We play like we did on saturday, wonder who the new coach will be.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Getting a split is never a bad thing in NoDak.

We need sweeps if we want to get to the NCAAs. And if Lucia wants to keep his job. We play like we did on friday. We can do it. We play like we did on saturday, wonder who the new coach will be.
The Sioux had alot to do with how they played last nite. The D just manhandled the goofers forwards.Dell had a pretty easy nite because of it.That first goal is as fluky of a goal as you will ever see but theSioux came right back and the Ralph was rockin.There was no turning back after that. Hate the split but the goofs deserved fridays nights game.

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
It was a great weekend at the Ralph. Friday night was as intense college hockey gets. You could feel it in the air from the time you walked in the building. Only live games I've been at with that type of feeling were the NCAA at the X and some Final 5 games. I didn't have any issues before, during or after the games anywhere in town. A little bit of chirping here and there but I didn't see anything over the line by either side. There is NO better atmosphere than the Ralph when the Gophers are in town. The last 10 minutes before the puck drops, the video montages, songs, etc...the crowd is really into it. I didn't feel it as much Saturday for some reason but Friday you could cut the intensity in the air with a knife.

I personally consider it a good weekend for the Gophers. Not only did they walk out of there with two points, they stuck up for themselves and showed a little fire. Saturday was pretty blah, but the Sioux were just that much better that night. Who knows how it could've ended without the bad turnover that lead to Trupps tying goal just after they had taken the lead. If the Gophers could've held onto that 1-0 lead for a bit there might've been a little anus tightening on the UND bench and in the crowd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad