Confirmed with Link: Minnesota claims Prosser

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Could not possibly care less about this. He just isn't NHL quality quite honestly.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It may happen. Idk what the wolves depth chart looks like, but with Lindbohm's rising stock, he may get bumped to first pairing minutes in chicago

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
This DOES suck, just because I was miles more confident in him as 8th D-Man then Butler. No way we can trade Leo now unless Lindbohm makes the team.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Good luck Prosser.

I really wish Lindbohm would play in the AHL this year and be a possibility for a depth call-up.
As do I. I think playing a full year on the smaller ice in the AHL would do more for him than going back to Finland.
Could not possibly care less about this. He just isn't NHL quality quite honestly.
Yeah it's not a big loss. I would have liked to see him in Chicago though.

This all but guarantees Leopold is breaking camp with us, and honestly I'm ok with that. He's still good enough to play every day on the third pairing and with cap space not being quite as big of a concern as it was, we can afford to hold on to him.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm terrible with CBA knowledge, but doesn't this mean Minnesota has to keep him on the NHL roster all season or he'll have to pass through waivers again?

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Weird move. I guess they want him as the 7/8 guy? IIRC, if they waive him again, and some other team doesn't want him in the NHL, we can choose to claim him and automatically place him in the AHL.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm terrible with CBA knowledge, but doesn't this mean Minnesota has to keep him on the NHL roster all season or he'll have to pass through waivers again?
I'm not a CBA geek either, but I think you're right about them needing to keep him on the roster all year. If he goes back on waivers, we get first crack at him and we could stick him straight in the AHL. That happened when we claimed and then waived Chorney a couple years back.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Would have been nice to have extra depth on the AHL roster but I'm not too worried about it

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Meh, he was a depth pickup and was unimpressive. He is a 7th defenseman, at best. Good luck to him in Minnesota.

This DOES suck, just because I was miles more confident in him as 8th D-Man then Butler. No way we can trade Leo now unless Lindbohm makes the team.

Butler isn't great, but he is better than Prosser.

We should have traded Leopold and signed Colaiacovo, but I think that ship has sailed. I've heard that he is heading to Russia to finalise a deal with Avangard (playing with Sobotka), but I can't find anything about it online.

I could still see Lindbohm going to the AHL. If Armstrong and Hitch can convince him that they see him as a piece that will be a call up this season and have a roster spot next season, that could easily change his mind.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Meh, he was a depth pickup and was unimpressive. He is a 7th defenseman, at best. Good luck to him in Minnesota.

Butler isn't great, but he is better than Prosser.

We should have traded Leopold and signed Colaiacovo, but I think that ship has sailed. I've heard that he is heading to Russia to finalise a deal with Avangard (playing with Sobotka), but I can't find anything about it online.

I could still see Lindbohm going to the AHL. If Armstrong and Hitch can convince him that they see him as a piece that will be a call up this season and have a roster spot next season, that could easily change his mind.
From what I've seen, it's the other way around. Butler has been absolutely awful

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I've only seen one game with Prosser and Butler in a Blues uniform, and they were paired together and I would describe them as equally awful. If we would've lost Butler too, that could've been a problem.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Both suck. It's like comparing regular poop and poop after you just ate Taco Bell. At the end of the day, it's still poop.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Both suck. It's like comparing regular poop and poop after you just ate Taco Bell. At the end of the day, it's still poop.

Makes me yearn for re-signing Colaiacovo...just so you can get a 3rd type in your description.

Lindbohm appears to be the 8th man in camp. But if he goes to Europe, then I guess Butler is the 8th man. That being the case, I'd prefer Lindbohm to be available in the AHL.

Butler isn't so hot, but he's also not likely to get much significant ice time (or maybe any).

I'm no CBA expert either, but I'm certain that Prosser has to stay on Minnesota's roster or we can re-claim him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Disagree with that, he's a fine #7 for a team. Maybe even #6, he's not that bad.

It's not a big loss but that is some depth that we lose. Maybe Lindbohm stays in NA now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad