Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Iowa/ AHL couldn't have picked a worse time to go for a week without a game. I was ready to plunk down some money so I could watch then, but they don't play till next weekend, I think.

It's fun to see the young talent with aspirations playing down there. IMO, the style of play in the AHL is the closest to the NHL of any other league, now that they've cleaned up the goonish elements. This year especially it's interesting because of all the CHL players in the lineup that we wouldn't otherwise see like Beckman, Hunt, Jones, and ROR.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Wow, took a 10-2 loss to CAR farm team. Jones got absolutely torched. Didn't get to watch any of the game myself.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Wow, took a 10-2 loss to CAR farm team. Jones got absolutely torched. Didn't get to watch any of the game myself.

Jones is getting torched a lot. That doesn't bode well for him.

Damn, he's played 2 games and has a 9.64 GAA and a .784 SV%.

I think Minnesota should definitely invest in a goalie in this year's draft.

MNWild14

Mar 5, 2021
Filip Lindberg looks like he might be something. We picked him up in the 2019 draft. 93.7 sv% through 9 games at UMass this year, his last two seasons looked good as well.

Reactions: fgobuzz

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
How did beckman look in his 7 games with Iowa?
In the couple of game I saw, OK. Looked fairly fast, and you can tell that he's a guy who looks for his shot, which is pretty nice. Some of us thought his skating could get better with a coach. Has a fairly big frame, but could use some more strength, like most young players.

To me, he looked like a smaller Alex Tuch at the same age- maybe faster. Before anyone gets excited, Tuch didn't look all that great when he was younger.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
In the couple of game I saw, OK. Looked fairly fast, and you can tell that he's a guy who looks for his shot, which is pretty nice. Some of us thought his skating could get better with a coach. Has a fairly big frame, but could use some more strength, like most young players.

To me, he looked like a smaller Alex Tuch at the same age- maybe faster. Before anyone gets excited, Tuch didn't look all that great when he was younger.

He looked fine. People just weirdly held 6 NHL games against him from when he was 20.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Is there any alternative sources than TheAhl site to get stats from the league? They don't even publish TOI do they?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Is there any alternative sources than TheAhl site to get stats from the league? They don't even publish TOI do they?

I guess it depends on the depth of stats you're looking for, just TOI?

Historically, that's been a team tracked item that's normally kept in-house. I believe, there has been talk about it being a league tracked item and publicly available in the future. Whether that's because of tracking technology and ease, I don't know.

Reactions: A Bundy

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Thanks. Well, TOI would be nice at least. I am following a player a bit, and at a loss if the production dropped due to ice-time or just a slump. I assumed agents and scouts had some means to get those data.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018

Pretty sure he won't get a call up this season - but would like to see Duhaime get a real shot next year....

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Pretty sure he won't get a call up this season - but would like to see Duhaime get a real shot next year....

He's got 3 pts, in 16gp played this year, and is a LW. I wouldn't hold your breath. The guys on the taxi squad(if they are still around) Boldy, Dewar(C), Giroux, Shaw(C), Swaney, and Chaffee will probably be called up before him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone know when he is going to make his debut? He's been signed for almost 2 weeks....figured he would've seen some game action by now.
In these times, when there is silence, and a long absence, I always think Covid

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Swaney making his debut tonight with Iowa.

Last edited:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
AMERICANS ASUCHAK NAMED INGLASCO PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Allen, Texas – The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL) and Iowa Wild (AHL), are proud to announce that Spencer Asuchak, the team’s longest tenured player, has been named the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week for the period April 26th through May 2nd.

Spencer Asuchak had seven points total last week in the Americans sweep of the four-game homestand. He had three power play goals and a shorthanded goal in the five scored last week.

“It was a great week for us,” noted Spencer Asuchak. “I think we are really starting to come together as a team. We have a great group of guys and I think winning four straight games this week, was just the start of what we can do. It is fun to be a part of!”

This is the second time in his career that he has been named the ECHL Player of the Week. He had a big month of April, scoring nine goals and adding two assists for 11 points during the month.

The Kamloops, BC native is in his eighth season with the Americans. He shares the captaincy this year along with teammate and good friend Dyson Stevenson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->