Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
should you be surprised? Iowa hasn't been the most cautious state out there.

Concessions will be open and mask is required, they have you seated by "pods" You can take the mask off when eating/drinking and they have limited capacity. (not like it gets close to capacity down there anyway) But I think the rep stated like 3,800 fans.

Regardless I am looking forward to enjoying some hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Early observations in Iowa, Jones looks real good with puck control.. just gave up a goal but no one was in front playing defense. Looked like Warner forgot he had a guy to cover. Addison is a smooth, smooth skater.. too bad Dewar might never make the NHL, he’s just your prototypical hard working hockey player. Beckman is way bigger than I expected... skates better than I thought, and has been in really great position all night. Sokolov scored on the first power play of the season.. weird concept. Showed tons of emotion to go with the heavy shot.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Cramarossa scores on a breakaway and then caves someone's face in on the next faceoff.

Love that type of energy.
With no one here and the glass behind the benches out, hearing him roar after that fight was intense. Good thing the kiddos in front of us didn’t understand some of those words haha

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Addison with two assists. He looks good.
2 2nd assists from below his own dots.
Don’t get to excited yet.
Going to take a lot of time for him to learn to defend and make the smart easy play.
Playing in Menell spot on PP got a couple shots blocked but he’ll be fine with experience.
Wild need to take their time and don’t rush him

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Warner has been the sole responsibility for 3 goals tonight, it’s an adventure every time he’s on the ice

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
2 2nd assists from below his own dots.
Don’t get to excited yet.
Going to take a lot of time for him to learn to defend and make the smart easy play.
Playing in Menell spot on PP got a couple shots blocked but he’ll be fine with experience.
Wild need to take their time and don’t rush him
He’s driving a lot of the play, the goal Beckman just scored was all him and Addison

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How was Belpedio? In the small amount I watched, Dewar looked good.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
How was Belpedio? In the small amount I watched, Dewar looked good.
Dewar played well they put him in for face offs in key situations. Belpedio looked about like he did up with the big club, good puck control and serviceable/good positioning but did nothing that made me go wow.. but also didn’t do anything glaringly bad.

Jones just completely fell apart in net
Warner gift wrapped 3 goals tonight, team fell apart in front of Jones IMO. Let guys skate to open areas and cross crease passes were easy to come by. Weird breakdown after a strong first two periods.. maybe just a young team?

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
They are missing so much experience and talent from last year, in all positions. Probably positional breakdowns due to them being unfamiliar with each other, and being young and inexperienced. It's quite a jump from the CHL to the AHL.

Reactions: StateofCelly

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Iowa loses in OT 3-2. Dumont with two goals. Sokolov with assist.

Sokolov really does have tunnel vision.

Dewar still looks good.

Belpedio is decent, but seems to have limited imagination.

Addison showed a couple of high level things again. Needs to be firmer with his passes, IMO, but his puck handling and command of his skating is impressive.

Beckman had a couple of shots. Above average speed. Floats a bit.

Baribeau let in an awkward one to lose the game.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Iowa loses in OT 3-2. Dumont with two goals. Sokolov with assist.

Sokolov really does have tunnel vision.

Dewar still looks good.

Belpedio is decent, but seems to have limited imagination.

Addison showed a couple of high level things again. Needs to be firmer with his passes, IMO, but his puck handling and command of his skating is impressive.

Beckman had a couple of shots. Above average speed. Floats a bit.

Baribeau let in an awkward one to lose the game.

I thought this was his knock against him? that his skating was bad.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought this was his knock against him? that his skating was bad.
I never saw that, even in junior. His edges could be better...he's not really agile like Fiala or Kaprizov. More of a straight line skater. By no means slow. I don't know if he is a floater by nature, like some goal scorers, or he was hesitant because he was on a new team, with new teammates. Could be a little of both.

In general, assuming that he gains strength as he fills out, and that he works on his skating, I could see speed being an asset, not a detriment. What I'd like to see from him is him being more aggressively involved in the play. To create chances rather than wait for them to find him.

Certainly not a bad skater. Boudrias...now thats a bad skater. Beckman looks like a gazelle compared to him, and to a lesser extent, Sokolov.

Reactions: GuerinUp

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I never saw that, even in junior. His edges could be better...he's not really agile like Fiala or Kaprizov. More of a straight line skater. By no means slow. I don't know if he is a floater by nature, like some goal scorers, or he was hesitant because he was on a new team, with new teammates. Could be a little of both.

In general, assuming that he gains strength as he fills out, and that he works on his skating, I could see speed being an asset, not a detriment. What I'd like to see from him is him being more aggressively involved in the play. To create chances rather than wait for them to find him.

Certainly not a bad skater. Boudrias...now thats a bad skater. Beckman looks like a gazelle compared to him, and to a lesser extent, Sokolov.

When watching Beckman in person this past weekend there was a difference in his stride than what I expected. Maybe a little straight legged? But he did seem to still skate really well, so maybe its more of an aesthetics thing in his motions.. I am sure it is fixable/can be refined. He was the last player off of the ice in warmups on Saturday, he and Dewar stayed out and were working on a few things together and that was fun to see. Beckman was working off the boards in tight circles and hitting some tight angle shots. I know these things are more routine as players get into more mature roles, but was just fun to see him willing to put some time in.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm sure he has had access to some good skating coaches, but the Ness family here in the Twin cities are really, really good. If he is willing to put the time in with them, his skating will improve.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Beckman wins it for Iowa in OT. 2pt night for him (1g,1a). He also put 7 shots on goal.

Every game he's getting a little better. Will be watching his development closely this year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Beckman wins it for Iowa in OT. 2pt night for him (1g,1a). He also put 7 shots on goal.

Every game he's getting a little better. Will be watching his development closely this year.
Did you watch the game? If so, how did he look overall? 7 shots is certainly a lot.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
They were all fairly good chances, 2 or 3 high scoring ones. My favorite part of Beckman and Addison alike as prospects, no moments seem to big for them. You don’t get a feeling of content. Even watching Kunin down there you’d see him settle in, only guy I remember with more of that chip was Tuch. With Beckman, Addison and Dewar, they all play hard and like they expect what they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad