Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Per Russo,
"Luke Kunin, Jordan Greenway and Ryan Donato are expected to be assigned to the Iowa Wild on Tuesday and meet the team in Grand Rapids, Mich., for a game Wednesday. The Baby Wild are in an absolute tailspin that has put their ability to clinch their first playoff spot in their six-year history in jeopardy. They have lost eight consecutive games and have three games left in the season."

Can the kid line save the Baby Wild's season? ("Our line starts, coach?" )

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Does the Pacific Division play fewer games than every other division in the AHL? Those teams have all played about 8 fewer games than every other division. So they must go by point percentage then? That's really interesting, I had never noticed that before.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Sounded like they had GRs number all season too. Besides letting those 3 get more playing time and a taste of the playoffs I want them to make it because they haven't gotten there since they relocated.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Sunday, April 21, 4pm (Eastern I think).

I know the AHL doesn't get much attention but having a strong farm is important. Fletcher's inability to bring in quality prospects for development opportunities is a big reason that the NHL team is in decline without so much as reaching a Conference Final.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I intern for the Milwaukee Admirals so I will be at all the games in Milwaukee. Some days I have a little more time to watch than others but I will be stopping by to drop my two cents about the games. Selfishly, I hope the Admirals go on a run as this is probably my last year with the Admirals but it's also important for one of the Wild organizations to do well so mostly I'm just hoping for a good series and for some of our young prospects to show up. Sokolov, Bitten, Belpedio, and Menell are some of the guys I will be trying to keep a close eye on. Lmk if there are any other guys people would like a closer eye kept on.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I intern for the Milwaukee Admirals so I will be at all the games in Milwaukee. Some days I have a little more time to watch than others but I will be stopping by to drop my two cents about the games. Selfishly, I hope the Admirals go on a run as this is probably my last year with the Admirals but it's also important for one of the Wild organizations to do well so mostly I'm just hoping for a good series and for some of our young prospects to show up. Sokolov, Bitten, Belpedio, and Menell are some of the guys I will be trying to keep a close eye on. Lmk if there are any other guys people would like a closer eye kept on.
Mason Shaw is one that players and the coach have been talking about.

Reactions: SomethingGeneric

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Sunday, April 21, 4pm (Eastern I think).

I know the AHL doesn't get much attention but having a strong farm is important. Fletcher's inability to bring in quality prospects for development opportunities is a big reason that the NHL team is in decline without so much as reaching a Conference Final.
It is critical to bring cheap talent through. The AHL is crucial to both short and long term success in the NHL.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Allen sign three new forwards:

Gabe Gagne, a 6-foot-5, and 215-pound forward joins Allen after playing in 55 American Hockey League games last season, with both the Belleville Senators and Toronto Marlies. He also skated in five games last year for the ECHL Kelly Cup Champion Newfoundland Growlers. Gagne is a former second round draft pick of the Ottawa Senators in the 2015 NHL entry draft taken 36th overall. He had 20 goals in 68 games for Belleville in the 2017-2018 season.

Allen also adds forward Jordan Topping, who played in 58 games for Toledo (ECHL) last season and had 31 points. The 22-year old left winger played his junior hockey with the Tri-City Americans of the USHL, where he had 80 points in 72 games during the 2017-2018 campaign.

The Americans complete the trio with the signing of forward Jason Salvaggio, a 6-foot-1 and 200-pound center who played in 60 ECHL games last season and had 16 goals and 38 points between Maine and Wichita. Salvaggio played his college hockey at the University of New Hampshire and spent two seasons with the Indiana Ice of the USHL. The 24-year old forward is a native of Hanson, Massachusetts.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I'm curious about what happened to Mason Shaw last year, he was producing at a near PPG rate for the first few months of the year and then his production disappeared.

Did he get demoted down the lineup or was he benefiting from some drastic puck luck early on that self corrected?

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
More Allen signings.

The Allen Americans, are proud to announce the signing of goaltender Jake Paterson to a contract for the 2019-2020 season.

Jake Paterson played in 14 games for the Americans in 2017-2018 during the regular season and had a record of 9-4-1 with a 2.92 goals-against average. The Mississauga, Ontario native was a former third round draft pick of the Detroit Red Wings in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Besides Allen, he has played with Toledo, Norfolk and Quad City in the ECHL. His best numbers came in 2015-2016 with Toledo, where he had a record of 18-9-2 with a .923 save percentage. He has 10 games in the American Hockey League with Milwaukee, Grand Rapids and Belleville.

The Americans also added net-minder Evan Weninger, who played at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. Weninger is a 5-foot-11 and 180-pound goalie from Saskatoon. During his four years of college at Nebraska-Omaha, he had 49 wins.

“Evan (Weninger) had a really good college career on a team that wasn’t a great defensive team, said Steve Martinson. “He put up pretty good numbers in college. We welcome them both.”

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
A couple more as Allen fills out their roster:

Allen, Texas – The Allen Americans are proud to announce that the team has added blue-liner Turner Ottenbreit to the roster for the 2019-2020 season.

Turner Ottenbreit is a 6-foot-4 and 200-pound defenseman from Yorkton, Saskatoon. He played in 58 games last season with the Utah Grizzlies, putting up solid offensive numbers with 11 goals and 12 assists for 23 points.

AND

The Allen Americans are proud to announce the signing of defenseman Kayle Doetzel to a contract for the 2019-2020 season. He was acquired in a trade this summer.

Kayle Doetzel joins Allen after playing last season in Jacksonville. The 6-foot-3, 200-pound defenseman was born is Saskatoon, SASK, and turned 24 in June. The right-shot blue-liner had five points in 61 games last season, while accumulating 69 penalty minutes.

The name should be familiar to Americans fans, as he played in 48 games with the Kansas City Mavericks two seasons ago and had 12 points. He has 68 games in the American Hockey League; 67 with Stockton and one with Cleveland.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Iowa Wild score 3, 3rd period goals, to defeat the Icehogs 3-2. Dumont, Brown and Mayhew with the goals. KK with the win in nets.

Last edited by a moderator:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
anyone know why sokolov was listed on opening night roster but not on current iowa website roster? also what happened to gordeev?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
anyone know why sokolov was listed on opening night roster but not on current iowa website roster? also what happened to gordeev?
I just went to their team website and saw Sokolov on the roster there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->