Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I'm thinking about driving down I-35 to Des Moines to see the Wild and Blues play on September 19th.

Haven't been to that city since 1980 …
Is the arena ice? Can anyone recommend pre-game or post game options? Sports bars, restaurants, etc. ?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Svetlakov is listed on the Iowa Wild roster. That can't be right?

He's under KHL contract with Moscow next season.

It's still the offseason, they probably just made a mistake with the prospects and roster page crossovers.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There are quite a few names on that roster that won't be playing in Iowa this year.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Can anyone shed some light on how the Pilon twins have performed at camp so far?

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I'm thinking about driving down I-35 to Des Moines to see the Wild and Blues play on September 19th. Haven't been to that city since 1980 … Can anyone recommend pre-game or post game options? Sports bars, restaurants, etc. ?

Heading to Iowa to watch the Blues and Wild. I'm hearing the game will be sold out. Never been to the Wells Fargo Arena before. Does it compare well to NHL arenas?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Can't say I've been there, but it's cool they're playing down there. Will it really sell out? Isn't it like a full-sized arena?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Too bad I'm working, would go otherwise.

This thread needs a title update.

A completely new thread might be better. The ECHL team has changed twice since the thread started and it's a brand new season. :dunno:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A completely new thread might be better. The ECHL team has changed twice since the thread started and it's a brand new season. :dunno:
Don't see why that means a new thread is needed. The offseason info is here, a title change fixes everything.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Both Allen (mods please change thread) and Iowa are undefeated to start the season.

No prospects of note in Allen but Mason Shaw off to a hot start for Iowa (also Murphy, Belpedio, Sokolov).

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
im shocked that soucy ; sokolov are scratches

why? Iowa has good depth on D for the first time in a few years and Soucy was always overrated - his development has been a pleasant surprise but his NHL time was the result of lack of options. Yes, Sokolov has a skill set but he's a long way from where he needs to be for a pro career.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kunin 3g, 4a in 5 games is very promising. Hopefully the Wild let him stay down there for a bit and keep scoring.
Agreed. More importantly, want him to build up his strength. AHL is a tough league, and will test him. Just not as fast as the NHL. Seems like a lot of players who have success in the AHL have trouble adjusting to the quicker pace of the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad