Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
MALLARDS EXTEND QUALIFYING OFFERS

The Quad City Mallards have extended qualifying offers to eight players for the 2016-17 season, the Mallards announced today in conjunction with the ECHL.

Forwards Kyle Beach, Trevor Cox, Kevin Henderson, Jordan Knackstedt and Matt Neal; defensemen Jake Baker and Austin Coldwell; and forward/defenseman Kyle Follmer received qualifying offers from the Mallards.

Players who had already signed a contract by June 30 did not need to receive a qualifying offer. In some cases, contract signings completed by June 30 are announced at a later date.

Full Article here.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Thanks for keeping us updated, PB. :handclap:

No problem. Lower levels of hockey are my fave really if you are in it for the experience. It's just a shame they aren't closer to us here. Would love for Duluth to get a team even if it was ECHL.

Not to mention, a lot of these guys make the NHL, I think the "E" alone has sent more than 450? Can't remember the exact number. QC has always had a cult following, but I'm really hoping Iowa fans get something to cheer about in the future. I've been down there before for the last game of the season, and even losing I think it was 5-3 to the Marlies the fans were great.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
ECHL announces Conference and Divisional alignment for 2016-17 Season

Add This

July 11, 2016

PRINCETON, N.J. – The ECHL announced on Monday the divisional alignment for the 2016-17 season.

As approved by the Board of Governors, the Conference and Divisional alignment for the 2016-17 Season will be as follows:

Eastern Conference

North Division
Adirondack Thunder, Brampton Beast, Elmira Jackals, Manchester Monarchs, Reading Royals, Wheeling Nailers

South Division
Atlanta Gladiators, Cincinnati Cyclones, Florida Everblades, Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Norfolk Admirals, Orlando Solar Bears, South Carolina Stingrays

Western Conference

Central Division
Fort Wayne Komets, Indy Fuel, Kalamazoo Wings, Quad City Mallards, Toledo Walleye, Tulsa Oilers, Wichita Thunder

Mountain Division
Alaska Aces, Allen Americans, Colorado Eagles, Idaho Steelheads, Missouri Mavericks, Rapid City Rush, Utah Grizzlies

The first two rounds of the Kelly Cup Playoffs will be played entirely within the division, with the division winner playing the fourth-place finisher and the second-place team meeting the third-place team in the Division Semifinals. The winners of each series will meet in the Division Finals, leading to the Conference Finals and Kelly Cup Finals.

The new format will allow most teams to have a better chance of playing traditional rivals in the first two rounds of the playoffs, and to allow for more economical travel.

Aka, cheap, hope local rivalries make money etc. At least with expansion people are seeing new teams. Toledo played K-Zoo 16 times in one year once. Brutal.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Mallards ink rookie goaltender Milliron

July 11, 2016

MOLINE, Ill. – The Quad City Mallards have signed goaltender Tanner Milliron for the 2016-17 season.

The Mallards are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild.

Milliron, 24, was named to the All-Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference First Team for the second year in a row after going 14-7-5 with a 1.83 goals against average and a .928 save percentage in 26 games as a senior at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls last season. The New Richmond, Wisc. native finished third in Division III in shutouts (four) and minutes played (1609:19).

In four seasons as a Falcon, Milliron went 38-16-29 in 65 games while posting a 1.99 goals against average, a .927 save percentage and eight shutouts. Milliron backstopped River Falls to the 2015 WIAC tournament title after winning the regular season conference crown in 2013-14.

Milliron spent three seasons in the junior ranks before beginning his college career. He suited up for the North American Hockey League’s Springfield Jr. Blues and Austin Bruins, the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League’s Kerry Island Islanders and the Superior International Junior Hockey League’s Wisconsin Wilderness.

Not sure who the Wild will send them, but they likely want one inked, and one who will be up and down.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So, looking at who we have under contract...

Downing - Graovac - Mitchell
Anas - Cannone - Tuch
Lucia - Bertschy - Lang
Jenys - Brassart/Gilmour - Gabriel

Olofsson - Reilly
Labbe - Warner
Seeler/Palmquist/Bartley/Gudbranson

Stalock
Michalek

Does this have the making of a respectable minor league team? 2nd and 3rd pair D has some question marks, but I think the top 9 forwards look pretty darn solid.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
So, looking at who we have under contract...

Downing - Graovac - Mitchell
Anas - Cannone - Tuch
Lucia - Bertschy - Lang
Jenys - Brassart/Gilmour - Gabriel

Olofsson - Reilly
Labbe - Warner
Seeler/Palmquist/Bartley/Gudbranson

Stalock
Michalek

Does this have the making of a respectable minor league team? 2nd and 3rd pair D has some question marks, but I think the top 9 forwards look pretty darn solid.

One could quibble with the specifics, but I agree with your basic point. Should be a mid-table squad - average amount of skill, not much experience.

I like the Bartley signing, he put up some good points breaking into the AHL, has some NHL experience and provides more depth. Wouldn't be much of a surprise if he and Reilly are the top pair. Gelinas is also in the mix for an AHL spot.

Also interesting to see where they slot Gabriel. If the Wild liked him enough to keep him on the playoff roster, I can see him getting top-six minutes.

But with no fourth line in St. Paul, all of Dalpe, Graovac, Tuch, Gabriel, Schroeder, and Mitchell I think have a chance at making the big club to start.

Also agree from the other thread that it's more likely Folin starts in the NHL than Reilly, barring that big trade.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
MALLARDS INK ARNOLD

The Quad City Mallards have signed forward Grant Arnold and have inked forward/defenseman Josh Elmes to a tryout agreement, the Mallards announced today.

Arnold, 25, captained the University of Denver each of the last two seasons. The 6’ 1â€, 215-pound Centennial, Colorado, native was the first player in 62 years to serve as Pioneers captain in back-to-back campaigns.

Elmes, 22, last season played senior hockey in Saskatchewan for the Moosomin Rangers of the North Central Hockey League and helped propel the Rangers to the NCHL title. The 6’ 2â€, 218-pound Brandon, Manitoba, product was named to the NCHL First All-Star Team after scoring a dozen goals and notching 14 assists for 26 points in 20 games.

More signings.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
The capacity for the iWireless Center will be set at 5,100 for Mallards games when the team’s twentieth season opens October 14, providing the fans of the Quad Cities an even more exciting and intense atmosphere for every Mallards home game.

The Mallards’ new iWireless Center capacity is in line with other ECHL clubs from similar-sized markets.

Mallards attendance has increased significantly each of the last four years, growing by 42 percent since 2012-13. The new iWireless Center configuration allows for continued attendance growth.

Curtains will be lowered behind the first several rows of the iWireless Center’s upper bowl in order to create the new capacity. Those curtains have already been in place for many Mallards home games each of the last six years.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
The Mallards have signed defenseman Jace Coyle. Coyle, 26, returns to North America after two seasons in Europe.

Last season the 6’, 200-pound Cranbrook, British Columbia, native scored ten goals and added 24 assists for 34 points in 64 games while helping the Sheffield Steelers to Britain’s Elite Ice Hockey League title.

They make more playing in the Elite league, might be a good pick up.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
The Mallards have signed forward Justin Kovacs. Kovacs, 24, scored six goals and added 23 assists for 29 points in 63 games with the Kalamazoo Wings as a rookie last season before producing five points (two goals and three assists) in six playoff games.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Late on these ones....

The Mallards have signed goaltender C.J. Motte and forward Nelson Gadoury.

Motte, 24, went 15-22-2 with a 2.83 goals against average, a .910 save percentage and two shutouts in 42 games with the Elmira Jackals last season.

Gadoury, 21, scored 26 goals and added 40 assists for 66 points in just 48 games with the Camrose Kodiaks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League last season. The 6’ 2â€, 210-pound Calahoo, Alberta, native also picked up 149 penalty minutes.

The Mallards have signed forward Michael Parks.

Injury limited Parks, 24, to three games- and one assist- as a rookie with the American Hockey League’s Lehigh Valley Phantoms last season.

Parks’ last full season was the 2014-15 campaign, during which the 5’ 11â€, 188-pound St. Louis native scored 12 goals and added 20 assists for 32 points in 42 games as a senior at the University of North Dakota.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I see they were on the wrong side of a 3-1 hockey game. Hopefully they play better Saturday.

I'd like to see Michalek get the start - needs to earn his way to a 60-40 share.

Tuch did get his first pro point (assist). Didn't see the game, but noticed Lucia wasn't in the lineup. Lang, JEE didn't play either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->