Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
RIP Mallards.

and welcome

01-rush-400ak050410.jpg

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
RIP Mallards.

They are a cool franchise, but I don't think really ever fully bought into being a Wild affiliate, or maybe the Wild never bought into them.

I mean they had Chicago Blackhawks ice girls at games when they were a single affiliate of Minnesota so....

Rapid City will be a nice long road trip, there are fans all over the Dakotas and IT'S NOT FORT WAYNE (dodged a bullet).

I will get out to Rapid City for a game or two this year for sure. Can't wait (already have some Rush gear I bought from a season or two back).

I want to say Rapid City was with Arizona for awhile and I'd like to see that with the ECHL franchise going forward along with cross promotions.

There were a ton of Iowa fans who moved over because the franchise became the Iowa Wild, and they are super pumped when people come down from the cities, and I've met tons at games who have come up, same could be said here.

It's an 8 hour drive but whatever. :laugh:

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Where's Paul Bunyan with this stuff?

Iowa signed a few ex-college guys: Evan Janssen out of Denver, Christian Frey out of THE Ohio State, Ian Brady out of Omaha, and Mike Sdao, who played at Princeton but has been a physical force since going pro.

Not sure if any qualify as prospects but more good organizational depth for Iowa/Rapid City.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
So the upgrade wiped out all muh stuff. :S

"The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild, announced that the team has acquired forward Alex Guptill from the Atlanta Gladiators in exchange for the playing rights of forward Lindsay Sparks".

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Of the Wild prospects, Dante Salituro, Dylan Labbé, Pavel Jenys, and Adam Gilmour look to be starting with Rapid City. Gustav Bouramman, Chase Lang, Sam Anas, Kyle Rau, Adam Vay and Zach Palmquist are with Iowa but haven't drawn in yet.

It's decent pro depth, but Kunin, Menell and Soucy appear to be about the only legit NHL prospects. And the team is already 0-2. :(

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Shutout win over Ontario the other night. Svedberg got the shutout (Vay was the backup) and Soucy picked up a goal and assist.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
(RAPID CITY, SD) – The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild, announced today that veteran forward Alex Foster has been signed by the team ahead of their first road trip of the season against the Wichita Thunder.

Foster, 33, comes to the Rush after spending the last six seasons in Europe, most recently in the EIHL with the Belfast Giants in the 2016-17 campaign. The 5’11”, 192-pound forward played in 36 games with the Giants and notched 10 goals, 18 assists, and 28 points.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Rapid City is off to some kind of rough start. In six games their starting goalie has a 5.38 GAA and .853 save percentage; the backup is 5.23 and .759. Adam Gilmour is on IR, Jenys has no points and -10 rating, Bouramman and Labbé each has an assist in four games. It's not a great league for a prospect to end up in, I think, because the average player is around 25. I assume Bouramman gets some AHL time at some point.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
They do indeed. Belfast is pretty popular, a lot of ECHL players go out that way and their captain was a Toledo legend (Keefe).

Rapid City is off to some kind of rough start. In six games their starting goalie has a 5.38 GAA and .853 save percentage; the backup is 5.23 and .759. Adam Gilmour is on IR, Jenys has no points and -10 rating, Bouramman and Labbé each has an assist in four games. It's not a great league for a prospect to end up in, I think, because the average player is around 25. I assume Bouramman gets some AHL time at some point.

Yeah it seems every time I check up on them it's "Rush get smacccccked". Iowa thankfully just sent down Michalek (who fought on his Iowa Debut haha) and a defenseman in Caito. ECHL puck, at least from what I've seen is obviously really dependent on goaltending, as is all of the sport, but at that level an affiliate can make or break it for you.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Colton Beck set an Iowa record by scoring a goal in his 5th straight game last night. Graovac and Pokemon had the previous record with 4 straight games.

Beck had 5 total goals last season for Iowa. Talk about being on a hot streak.

Iowa lost in OT 2-1.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Rapid City is sitting second from bottom in the West of the ECHL only ahead of the pile of steaming.....stuff that is Indy. Iowa is also second from bottom in the West in the AHL. Arrrrgh.

And to stat watch: Five points (two goals) in nine games for Bouramman; six points (three goals) in five games for Salituro; two assists each for Labbé and Jenys. 88% save percentage for Michalek. Not bad from the young Swede. I guess he could have bolted for Sweden, I think this might be a good fit for him though. Should get some AHL games this season, keeps him on the radar.

As for Iowa, it's just not great from a prospect perspective. Menell with 5 points in 11 games is a nice surprise; Soucy has a goal and assist in 11 games; Lucia 3 assists in 10 games, -9 tied for worst on team with Ryan Murphy. Still a lot of season ahead but this has not been a strong suit of the Fletcher gang.

Reactions: Paul Bunyan

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Looks like Iowa beat the Ice Hogs today 5-3. I think they do this every year, but they play a daytime game so kids from school can head out there. I saw they set an attendance record. Pretty cool.

In terms of the game, looks like new captain Cal O'Reilly scored, Lucia got his first, Murphy scored and Cannone had an ENG.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
The Iowa Wild beat the Cleveland Monsters on Saturday 6-1. I actually was able to go to my first AHL game ever. Thought that everything from the Arena and staff to the game itself was fantastic. With it being Veteran's Day they showed a lot of support for those who have served. Just thought everything was really cool. If you haven't had the chance to make it down to Des Moines it's a cool city that makes a great little trip.

We went down there for the Foo Fighters concert which was awesome! And then of course had to check out the Iowa Wild. It's just so cool to see some of these young kids playing in the pros. Especially former Gophers. Rau had a penalty shot that he capitalized on too!

Reactions: Paul Bunyan

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Yeah, I keep telling people it's fun to go down there. Nice city, good restaurants, fans are great, hockey is pretty good etc. I meet a lot of Iowans at the bar I work at and everyone from Des Moines loves the Iowa Wild and are happy people go down there for games. As much as I miss the Aeros and their AMAZING logo, it seems if this was going to happen at least the team did their research and put them in a good spot.

Also in transaction news: Rush acquire Darian Dziurzynski for Erik Bradford from the Toledo Walleye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad