Minecraft - Any interest in PC Server?

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
I'm assuming our map isn't really having much happen to it until 1.3, and that there's not really any point in doing a lot until then, right?

Correct. It's still safe to build in the populated areas though. The plan is to wait for 1.13 to be released on Spigot (which will likely big a bit after vanilla). Once it's good we'll take the current map, cut off the unused arms of the map to minimize the 'old' terrain and maximize the new terrain generation. We'll have to figure out just what that cutoff point will be still. Map, I do think your house is beyond the proposed border, sorry.

I just recently re-downloaded MC... Maybe I'll hop on the server. Any cool mods on there?
We try and do mostly vanilla SMP so no gameplay mods really. We do have Spigot installed so we can add mods if enough people agree. Post here or PM me your in-game name and I'll add you to the whitelist.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Correct. It's still safe to build in the populated areas though. The plan is to wait for 1.13 to be released on Spigot (which will likely big a bit after vanilla). Once it's good we'll take the current map, cut off the unused arms of the map to minimize the 'old' terrain and maximize the new terrain generation. We'll have to figure out just what that cutoff point will be still. Map, I do think your house is beyond the proposed border, sorry.
The remains of Mr. Hops are about to be relegated to nothingness?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
We try and do mostly vanilla SMP so no gameplay mods really. We do have Spigot installed so we can add mods if enough people agree. Post here or PM me your in-game name and I'll add you to the whitelist.
Okay Cool. I don't mind vanilla. I did used to play some with some pretty sweet mods that gave you abilities and let you level up in different skills. But at that point you might as well play a real RPG. lol

When I get home I'll double-check my minecraft name and all that to get whitelisted. Do you guys use discord as well?

Randal Graves

I like Ron
Sep 26, 2005
Hey Kr, that invite is "invalid or expired" for me.

Been hunting shulkers in the end.. talk about high risk/reward. Good thing there's alot of them because I want to replace my entire storage with them. Some tips I would make for anyone trying to hunt them that I've learned the hard way:

- Bring a few shields, the shulker projectiles are still hard to block but it helps
- Elytra + Rockets make hunting for them alot easier but keep an eye on durability (I use mending on the elytra and farm enders when I need to repair it)
- Feather falling boots will save your life when flying around/levitating from shulkers
- Ender pearls are good to bring both to quickly climb inside the end cities, but also to quickly bring yourself down if you levitate too high
- Though you can't wear both the elytra and chestplate at the same time, I usually swap out the wings for a chestplate once I reach an end city. Keeps the elytra from breaking and having extra protection when 8 shulkers are shooting at you simultaneously can save your life.
- Ender chest + Silk touch pickaxe to pick it back up are a good idea since there's a good chance of death out there. The end cities often contain at least 1 end chest too if you dont want to risk a pick.
- Lastly, I bring alot of cheap colorful blocks with me (normally netherrack) so that I can mark the paths I've already done and to make little markers on the roof of the end cities so that we all know that place is sacked so no one wastes their time there.

Good hunting.. if you want to know what you're in for check the map haha. Flying around in unrendered black space over the void where you can't tell down from up is just a wee bit terrifying when you have all your best equipment on.

Randal Graves

I like Ron
Sep 26, 2005
got a librarian selling mending books for only 10 emeralds at the bookstore. Its in the nether, red path, across from zombie farm.

Reactions: Kestrel

Randal Graves

I like Ron
Sep 26, 2005
July 18th

Dh0z3m6W4AUZWYM.jpg

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Once it's up, I'll have to start up Minecraft again. I've been killing my time with Rimworld - not sure how it would work (it wouldn't), but I almost wish that one had multiplayer.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
just got this game this past week for Xbox and like it although I have no idea what I'm doing

question for the vets of the game: how often is it updated with new features? like how often do they add new stuff to the base game like animals, items, monsters, etc

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
just got this game this past week for Xbox and like it although I have no idea what I'm doing

question for the vets of the game: how often is it updated with new features? like how often do they add new stuff to the base game like animals, items, monsters, etc

Someone could answer better than me, but I'd guess major updates happen every 6 months to a year? Just doing a quick check version 1.0 was released in Nov 2011, and this is the 13th major update since.

Which is actually a good thing, because if you want to add a lot more content to the game what you really want to do is look at the mods. Major updates tend to break mods, so following a release modders always need a bit of time to catch up and make their mods compatible with the newest version.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Someone could answer better than me, but I'd guess major updates happen every 6 months to a year? Just doing a quick check version 1.0 was released in Nov 2011, and this is the 13th major update since.

Which is actually a good thing, because if you want to add a lot more content to the game what you really want to do is look at the mods. Major updates tend to break mods, so following a release modders always need a bit of time to catch up and make their mods compatible with the newest version.
when was the latest big update?

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
Okay, I'm tired of waiting. I'm going to upgrade our server to 1.13.1 vanilla this evening. We can add mods as needed in the future. I'll make a full backup in case we need it for whatever reason.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
I might try logging on later... but right now, I'm dead... first time taking dirtbikes out in 10 or 15 years... yeah, I'm going to spend tomorrow in bed.

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
The server is down until I get time to work on it. I pulled my groin playing hockey Monday so yesterday I was out of commission. I hope to stab at it tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->