Minecraft - Any interest in PC Server?

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Anyone have ink sacks they don't want?

And... since I know I'm going to get lost, and will have to look it up later... my joint is at -105 116 45.

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
So the server I'm running is a Spigot install which means we could add plugins if anyone was interested. Randal is calling for a 'Skip night with only one sleeper' type of plugin so AFK'ers don't ruin it for others. If you can think of any others that would be good let me know and we can take a vote or whatever.

Plugins available: Resources | SpigotMC - High Performance Minecraft

Randal Graves

I like Ron
Sep 26, 2005
Zombie Farm open to the public - access it via the nether (just next to spawn portal) or via the staircase just outside my house. Going to eventually get some priests in there so you can sell them the rotten flesh directly.

Also, if you need slime I terraformed the swamp north of KR so it should be easier to hunt. Also made a little cabin in case it gets too dangerous.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Zombie farm has 3 priests now
I think I need a job like yours, where I can work from home, and be productive when I need to be productive, and play Minecraft when I've got downtime :laugh: I'm not being productive at work at all at the moment, but I still have to be here.

Randal Graves

I like Ron
Sep 26, 2005
lol I did the office grind... never again. Told them if they want to keep me it would have to be remote... best decision ever. Still made them 10k yesterday while building a villager breeder and zombie farm haha

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Nice lol... I wish I had that option. Can't say I have it bad at all, but working remote would be great.

Randal Graves

I like Ron
Sep 26, 2005
2x cave spider farm with enchanting station completed. Nether access down tunnel opposite from spawn. Great place for xp/mending gear just follow written instructions to get the xp.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
So at what point do zombie pigmen stop chasing you? I made a huge mistake :help:

Are you able to build yourself in? ie, surround yourself with blocks to stay safe? If you can do that, you can open up a one block space, and selectively hit pigmen that get too close, until eventually all of the aggressive ones are dead.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Are you able to build yourself in? ie, surround yourself with blocks to stay safe? If you can do that, you can open up a one block space, and selectively hit pigmen that get too close, until eventually all of the aggressive ones are dead.

What I need to know is if I log on now some 9+ hours later will the pigmen and their aggression level still be there or do things eventually reset?

My mistake was in the position I attacked from, by the portal stairs I killed what looked like a lone pigman with my bow while standing on a narrow peninsula over the lava lake. There was one hiding along the ledge I didn't see though, sent me flying off the edge and into the lava. I had a lot of fire protection gear on but it took like 20s to surface, and then there was no where for me to jump up so I had to break a spot. As soon as I jump up though another pigman falls on me and lands the killing blow.

I don't know how much of my stuff scattered and burned, but I spent 30 minutes doing suicide runs trying to get back to that one spot. Made it once but just immediately died again by the pigman that was camping the spot, but the next time I made it I was able to drop down and punch him into the lava first and immediately logged off after landing on my stuff. I was carrying all my best enchanted gear so I don't know what I salvaged, but if they remain hostile I have no where to move and will be dead in another second or two and more stuff probably falls into lava.

Either way I guess I'll have time to give it another run in an hour or two.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
What I need to know is if I log on now some 9+ hours later will the pigmen and their aggression level still be there or do things eventually reset?

My mistake was in the position I attacked from, by the portal stairs I killed what looked like a lone pigman with my bow while standing on a narrow peninsula over the lava lake. There was one hiding along the ledge I didn't see though, sent me flying off the edge and into the lava. I had a lot of fire protection gear on but it took like 20s to surface, and then there was no where for me to jump up so I had to break a spot. As soon as I jump up though another pigman falls on me and lands the killing blow.

I don't know how much of my stuff scattered and burned, but I spent 30 minutes doing suicide runs trying to get back to that one spot. Made it once but just immediately died again by the pigman that was camping the spot, but the next time I made it I was able to drop down and punch him into the lava first and immediately logged off after landing on my stuff. I was carrying all my best enchanted gear so I don't know what I salvaged, but if they remain hostile I have no where to move and will be dead in another second or two and more stuff probably falls into lava.

Either way I guess I'll have time to give it another run in an hour or two.
If the chunk isn't loaded - ie, nobody is there in the nether, they won't lose their aggression.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Also if anyone was at the spider farm don't use the nether gate to leave it, there's 3 hostile zombie pigmen and a dropped bucket of lava on the other side.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
So if someone went to the nether for a bit they'd cool off, in which case anyone want to lend a hand? Or does it have to be my character?
I think it might have to be your character, but I'm not sure. I might be on at some point tonight - if I'm online (Maplicito) when you're on, I can certainly try to help you.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think it might have to be your character, but I'm not sure. I might be on at some point tonight - if I'm online (Maplicito) when you're on, I can certainly try to help you.

Alright, or if anyone can get there first and clear the area out that would be appreciated. If you leave the portal room into the open nether, after the stairs turn back towards the direction the portal spawn is and walk to the ledge. There's an island down below at lava level that has a good dozen or so pigmen wandering around it, you should be able to just stand on a stack of blocks and pick them off with a bow with relative ease from above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad