Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild sign Kirill Kaprizov to ELC (2 year, $925k AAV)

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Just out of sheer curiosity, I looked up what Pronman had to say about Panarin in the summer of 2015:

Looks like Pronman didn't exactly expect Panarin-type production from Panarin either, unless you consider 77 points to be worthy of "maybe even top 6".
That's valid criticism, but we should also take into account that he watched Panarin play in the KHL, saw his transition to the NHL, and can use that new information to do a better job of projecting what Kaprizov will do in the NHL.

I am just tempering my expectations, not saying he is going to flop.

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
That's valid criticism, but we should also take into account that he watched Panarin play in the KHL, saw his transition to the NHL, and can use that new information to do a better job of projecting what Kaprizov will do in the NHL.

I am just tempering my expectations, not saying he is going to flop.
You're not doing this right. Don't you know that HF posters have far more educated and insightful opinions than the people who work in the hockey world, and that anytime a player has major hype it is to be reasonably expected that he hits it fully based on absolutely nothing but pure assumption and hope.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don’t think he ends up nearly as good as some believe. I though Gusev was the better Russian and he didn’t light the world on fire either.

Definitely a good player and someone everyone would want for free, but more of a ~55 Point player than a true 1st line talent.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I don’t think he ends up nearly as good as some believe. I though Gusev was the better Russian and he didn’t light the world on fire either.

Definitely a good player and someone everyone would want for free, but more of a ~55 Point player than a true 1st line talent.

Have you ever watched Kaprizov play?

Him and Gusev's playing style can't be compared.

Gusev is a luxury player who depend on his creativity and hands.

Kaprizov is a hard working fire hydrant with good hands who loves going into dirty areas and traffic.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Kaprizov is a hard working fire hydrant with good hands who loves going into dirty areas and traffic.

Kaprizov's game will transfer more easily to the NHL. He won't fail in this league, it's just a matter of what his ceiling is.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Glad they managed to get this done finally. Looking forward to watching him play next year the hype has definitely built an appetite lol

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Yes, hence why I don’t think he has the high enough end skill to be a true 1st line player like many expect him to be. A good player, but not an elite one

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Seriously though is the mass influx of skilled young Russians a bad sign for the KHL? I have heard several teams will be in jeopardy due to COVID but if not even CSKA can hang on to their players....

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Seriously though is the mass influx of skilled young Russians a bad sign for the KHL? I have heard several teams will be in jeopardy due to COVID but if not even CSKA can hang on to their players....
All these players were expected to leave. The KHL is fine.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Russo had an Athletic article a bit back that seemed to have execs believing itll be like 5 years and around $7-$8 mil.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
impressive rookie campaign, but maybe we should hold off on the long term mega contract stuff until he actually completes his first NHL season, or even postseason lol... i mean the guy has 34 points in 38 career NHL games. i can think of a few other players who had big rookie years that plummeted after that. BUT... if the wild want to pass out a stupid contract, go right. wouldn't be the first time they bit off more than they can chew :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->