Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild sign Kirill Kaprizov to ELC (2 year, $925k AAV)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He should absolutely be allowed to play now that he’s signed. The NHL once again leaves me scratching my head.

Least he’s signed for Minnesota moving forward.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
For those wondering why it makes no sense he can't play i believe it just boils down to revenue. The league doesn't want the Mild sweeping out a big Canadian market early in the playoffs. League needs money and will bend the rules to make it happen.

If that was the case and they win the lotto and draft Laf that would be epic karma against the league.

That said I think everyone knows Montreal/Pittsburgh loser is getting #1

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No, we better take the word of the guy with the player in question in his screen name, who doesn't get paid to evaluate hockey talent.
If you handed Corey Pronman a hockey puck, he would spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to open it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If anyone is wondering, its pronounced Kah-REAL Ka-PREE-sof

Last edited:

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
If you handed Corey Pronman a hockey puck, he would spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to open it.
I thought readers of this board would appreciate it. If you personally don't care for Pronman's opinion, I don't give two tugs. Go start shit with someone else.

Reactions: Crow

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm sure there's a reason but it would have been fun to see him against the Nucks. Especially since now when we sweep them, it will be used as an excuse. JK.
There’s already an unlimited amount of excuses for this season anyways

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Just out of sheer curiosity, I looked up what Pronman had to say about Panarin in the summer of 2015:
Panarin had an exceptional season, ranking 5th fifth in scoring in the KHL, and had a great World Championship, leading to a contract with Chicago. Sometimes free agents in their mid-20s can be undeservedly hyped, but Panarin is the real deal. He’s very quick and agile, great with the puck and sees the ice at a high level. He’s is small, and not great in his own end, but scouts note he’s got a little edge to his game and can finish in tight spaces. He could slot into an NHL top 9 right away and maybe even a top 6.

Looks like Pronman didn't exactly expect Panarin-type production from Panarin either, unless you consider 77 points to be worthy of "maybe even top 6".

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I’ve been told Ian Mitchell is better

No you weren't, you were told he has a higher upside/ future value.

I do hope you saved that post to look back on when Kaprisov doesn't become the savior of Minnesota that you expect him to be and instead settles nicely as a second line winger.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
No you weren't, you were told he has a higher upside/ future value.

I do hope you saved that post to look back on when Kaprisov doesn't become the savior of Minnesota that you expect him to be and instead settles nicely as a second line winger.
Im gonna bookmark this one too to look back on when Kaprizov is immediately a 1st line player and Ian Mitchell tops out as a 3rd pair D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad