Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild sign Kirill Kaprizov to ELC (2 year, $925k AAV)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It still doesn't make sense to me that he can't play in the playoffs this year if his contract is starting this year.

Completely agree. Every other year, players can sign and join their teams for end of season and playoffs. What makes it different this year doesn't make sense.

I am happy that for Habs, Romanov will at least be able to join the team and practice and get familiar with it all. I am sure Wild fans feel the same with Kaprizov.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I haven't been following but is he still an RFA after this contract or an UFA?

Bond

May 10, 2012
RFA, not eligible for offer sheet.
Were some people just pissed that he was burning a year of his ELC then? From some of the comments I saw, I thought he could walk after his ELC. Good news for Wild fans.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Were some people just pissed that he was burning a year of his ELC then? From some of the comments I saw, I thought he could walk after his ELC. Good news for Wild fans.

I think fans are just pissed that the NHL unilaterally decided to not allow him (along with Sorokin and Romanov) to play in this post season.

I'm just glad to finally get him locked up and in the fold.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Great news for the Wild fans and for NHL fans in general. Hopefully he fulfills his potential and should be a very good player.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think more fans are just pissed that the NHL unilaterally decided to not allow him (along with Sorokin and Romanov) to not play in this post season.

I'm just glad to finally get him locked up and in the fold.
Exactly this. The league had to create a temporary new rule to account for their arbitrary temporary new rule just so we could get him signed.

We gladly would've signed him under the existing rule that would have burned a year by another existing rule, which all would've allowed him to play.

The NHL decided it didn't want the best players in the world who were drafted but not signed to be able to play, create a new rule to prevent them from playing, then had to create a new rule to give a 53 hr window to burn a year without playing, otherwise they wouldn't have signed at all and would've been back in the KHL next year too.

Just a convoluted mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad