Confirmed Trade: [MIN/VGK] VGK Trades Hunt & 6th Round Pick to MIN for 5th Round Pick

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Harmless move to add some cheap depth for the stretch run. Nothing wrong with that. Vegas wasn't playing him, so clear a contract and salary.
Yeah hopefully Hunt gets to actually play, he really should have played more than he did, he was vastly better than Jon Merrill, on par with Nick Holden and probably with the way he's played this season Colin Miller too. I'm not saying he's great, just that others weren't and Jon Merrill was god awful so I don't understand GMGM and Turks love affair with him.

Reactions: CamPopplestone

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
You mean the guy that he was afraid of losing for nothing so he sent the waiver ineligible forward down instead of losing? If so, yes.

And he got a pick out of it.

And lost a decent free player. One of the great F-ups in the recent years.

Reactions: stopclickbait

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I think GMGM likes his spare D men to be big and lumbering, which is ironic since VGK generally plays a fast game. I thought Hunt was a better fit than Merrill or Holden. As has been stated, Hunt is a good puck mover and is not terrible in his own zone.
And, please, dredging up old Shippy takes is a bad look. He sucked. Move on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I assume Brodin will shift to the right.
Belpedio plays both sides, as well as Brodin. Could this be insurance in case Fenton gets an offer he can't refuse for Brodin? Sort of like Rask allows them to move Staal or Coyle?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Belpedio plays both sides, as well as Brodin. Could this be insurance in case Fenton gets an offer he can't refuse for Brodin? Sort of like Rask allows them to move Staal or Coyle?
Maybe, but I'd guess it's more that they're still trying to replace some of what Dumba brought, especially on the powerplay. It sounds like that's been one of Hunt's strong points.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just don't see what a guy who can't play for VGK is going to bring to the Wild. I mean, they are a good team, with decent D, but nothing earthshaking.

Reactions: ref19

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I just don't see what a guy who can't play for VGK is going to bring to the Wild. I mean, they are a good team, with decent D, but nothing earthshaking.
I'm skeptical as well, but I can't remember ever seeing him play a game so who knows? Vegas fans seem to think he got the short end of the stick with playing time and Fenton's seen him in Nashville, so I'd assume he knows what's up. At this price it might also just be a "throw **** at the wall" move, though.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hunt’s like a hired gun in the A and can definitely play at the NHL level. Good trade for Minny. Gives another open contract slot for Vegas too if they’re looking to make another deal.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Agreed. It’ll be interesting. Wild are a deeper team so don’t see him making much of an impact but crazier things have happened.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Thought process has to be something like:

"Best case he plays under 10 mins a game mostly on the pp and producing in an area we suck in which he seems to thrive in."

"Worst case he improves our AHL depth"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad