Proposal: MIN-TOR Marcus Foligno for Andreas Johnsson

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
leafs fans hyping him in here but on their board put him in every trade to get rid of him so they can sign a high end dman. now that's funny
But they are not posting trades on the main board? Not sure what your point is? So what, people on the Leafs board toss his name around. Does it make sense? no. That's what leafs fans do. It was Kadri's name last summer, and now all Leafs fans are crying that they traded him away. I would use the same logic for not trading away Kadri as I would for not trading away Johnsson.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
We need to move out LWs not bring them in. So yeah this trade probably happens

this is exactly the leafs mindset as well.

Hyman
Robertson
Johnsson
Mikheyev
Engvall

they dont need a guy making nearly 3mil that would be on the 4th line

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Toronto isnt gonna spend nearly 3mil on a 4th line guy.

johnsson gets moved for cap space
Your Leafs membership has been revoked. They don't need space though? If they sign Petro, that's a different story, then all bets are off at that point. Moving Nylander would be the better trade.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I literally see no trade proposals with Johnsson in the them but okay. I also don't recall Johnsson playing on the 4th line? He mainly played on the top 2 lines. Literally look his minutes and you can see is is averaging 16+ min a game...lol...maybe you should have done some research?

it was on your own leafs fan board. another leafs fan just commented johnsson would be moved for cap space/ Take the L

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Oh no, nobody wants our 20 goal rookie? You won't even give us your 25 point winger for him? How ever will I sleep at night? Poor Leaf fans, how will we ever survive without a new 25 point winger? Sooooooooooo sad

Ermmm... Habs fan here MIN, we're kinda full up on LW's but would still want Foligno. What are you guys looking for? I'm guessing Leafs fans aren't interested in truculence anymore but MTL is.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Ermmm... Habs fan here MIN, we're kinda full up on LW's but would still want Foligno. What are you guys looking for? I'm guessing Leafs fans aren't interested in truculence anymore but MTL is.
1st round pick to even get the conversation started. Foligno has never really been started as he or spurgeon are wild next captain

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
no dude, wild already have too many youngs lw's . Foligno is way better than trasn andreas Johnsson along with the fact no team is trading for player coming off like 8 goal season and major injuries. Leafs fans really need to stop

Ummm, AJ with an injury riddled season scored at basically a .5 clip and had what is a typical season for Foligno (Has never scored more than 25 points) . Minny fans need to get their heads out their A*$. Guy is a 4th liner making 3 million and a UFA. Try and pedal that crap somewhere else. We will trade AJ for futures thanks and use the cap space to potentially sign a D. I hope Guerin keeps trading for garbage players at high cap hits (Wow the Staal trade was bad) and sign players nobody wants well above their value (Zucc).

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Ummm, AJ with an injury riddled season scored at basically a .5 clip and had what is a typical season for Foligno (Has never scored more than 25 points) . Minny fans need to get their heads out their A*$. Guy is a 4th liner making 3 million and a UFA. Try and pedal that crap somewhere else. We will trade AJ for futures thanks and use the cap space to potentially sign a D. I hope Guerin keeps trading for garbage players at high cap hits (Wow the Staal trade was bad) and sign players nobody wants well above their value (Zucc).

Guerin didnt sign zuccarrelo numnut. No, Foligno isnt only a 4th line winger.

Leafs Andreas Johnsson was playing on your own 4th line. he scored 8 goals and 13 assist. that's an embarrasment. Also he's coming off major injury. Good luck with that. Fact: Its not wild fans. Foligno has never been made available and good xhance he's wild next captain

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Good lord this isn’t the trade deadline...
and there's still been numerous reports wild are considering spurgeon or foligno to be their next captain. On top of that, He was never really available at trade deadline and fact ; wild are trying to resign him to an extension should tell you he's not going anywhere.

Just because its not trade deadline mean, that 1st round pick which it was gong to take to get Guerin to listen about Foligno is suddenly going away

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
and there's still been numerous reports wild are considering spurgeon or foligno to be their next captain. On top of that, He was never really available at trade deadline and fact ; wild are trying to resign him to an extension should tell you he's not going anywhere.

Just because its not trade deadline mean, that 1st round pick which it was gong to take to get Guerin to listen about Foligno is suddenly going away
where is the report saying we are extending him and that it would take a 1st to get him? it doesnt take a 1st round pick to get a 4th line player thats just ridiculous no matter if he is considered for captain or not. being a possibly considered captain for the wild holds little to no value at all.

Reactions: qqaz

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
want to bet? yeah no, what are you talkng about? its been made clear wild are trying to resign him and very much in mix along with spurgeon to be wild next captain so false
yes i will bet, if foligno nets a 1st before the TDL ill stay silent for a year. if all he gets us is a 3rd you stay silent for a year. deal??

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
yes i will bet, if foligno nets a 1st before the TDL ill stay silent for a year. if all he gets us is a 3rd you stay silent for a year. deal??
deal. i will bet he doesnt even get to free agency. he's going to get resigned by wild before especially because it was made clear after brodin signing wild will start in on him next

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Foligno's been a very good defensive forward for two seasons now, but we're still talking about a 3rd/4th liner that's looking to get a raise on $2.875m. Giving him $3m+ with term and handing him the captaincy would be silly.

Last trade deadline you could see a team offering up a late 1st for him, with 1.5 years on his deal. Right now I think the market for expensive bottom-6er's has probably declined, to put it mildly. If Minnesota doesn't intend to extend him (and I'm starting to hope they don't) grabbing a 2nd or 3rd for him doesn't seem like a bad idea, if they can get it.

Reactions: HotDish

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
deal. i will bet he doesnt even get to free agency. he's going to get resigned by wild before especially because it was made clear after brodin signing wild will start in on him next
I don’t know if this is really the case. On Russo’s latest podcast he speculated that Foligno might not re-sign unless Dumba is traded. Since if Dumba isn’t traded it means the Wild are protecting 8 skaters.

Foligno doesn’t want to extend only to be picked up by Seattle.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
where is the report saying we are extending him and that it would take a 1st to get him? it doesnt take a 1st round pick to get a 4th line player thats just ridiculous no matter if he is considered for captain or not. being a possibly considered captain for the wild holds little to no value at all.

Guerin own word after resigning Jonas Brodin.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcus Foligno and the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mnwild?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#mnwild</a> haven&#39;t talked contract extension yet, but GM Bill Guerin wants to keep Foligno around.<br><br>&quot;He reminds me a lot of me and ... when the puck is dropped and it’s time to play, you can count on this guy every night.&quot; <a href="Wild forward Marcus Foligno will miss fans in Edmonton but job remains the same">Wild forward Marcus Foligno will miss fans in Edmonton but job remains the same</a></p>&mdash; Sarah McLellan (@sarah__mclellan) <a href="">July 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Guerin own word after resigning Jonas Brodin.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcus Foligno and the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mnwild?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#mnwild</a> haven&#39;t talked contract extension yet, but GM Bill Guerin wants to keep Foligno around.<br><br>&quot;He reminds me a lot of me and ... when the puck is dropped and it’s time to play, you can count on this guy every night.&quot; <a href="Wild forward Marcus Foligno will miss fans in Edmonton but job remains the same">Wild forward Marcus Foligno will miss fans in Edmonton but job remains the same</a></p>&mdash; Sarah McLellan (@sarah__mclellan) <a href="">July 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

congrats he says he wants to keep him around but no talks in place yet and i didnt see anywhere that it takes a 1st to get him. he may get extended and i dont hate him sticking here for the right price but you need to temper your 1st or nothing for foligno talk. that is bonkers.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
congrats he says he wants to keep him around but no talks in place yet and i didnt see anywhere that it takes a 1st to get him. he may get extended and i dont hate him sticking here for the right price but you need to temper your 1st or nothing for foligno talk. that is bonkers.

I am trying to find the kfan athletic weekend that was done and which this was mentioned, give me some time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Russo on KFAN103 yesterday<br><br>Zucker could be traded. PIT not on NTC, ARZ interested, CAR interested (implied that Leipold would block trade), NTC blocks CGY<br><br>Foligno wont be traded<br><br>Dumba unlikely, return on him would have to be 1st, prospect and a centre.<br><br>Brodin possible</p>&mdash; J (@account4hockey) <a href="">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I am trying to find the kfan athletic weekend that was done and which this was mentioned, give me some time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Russo on KFAN103 yesterday<br><br>Zucker could be traded. PIT not on NTC, ARZ interested, CAR interested (implied that Leipold would block trade), NTC blocks CGY<br><br>Foligno wont be traded<br><br>Dumba unlikely, return on him would have to be 1st, prospect and a centre.<br><br>Brodin possible</p>&mdash; J (@account4hockey) <a href="">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

that does not indicate he wont be traded.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
that does not indicate he wont be traded.

This will. if you have listen to any of russo podcast, he's made it clear Foligno or spurgeon will be wild next captain. but since you dont want to beleive it, Here's another proof. Russo has made it pretty clear since trade deadline Foligno isn't available and that Good chance Foligno is wild next captain. it's only recently in past few weeks that he added spurgeon to the competition for captain

<iframe allow="autoplay" width="100%" height="200" src="Listen to Howling At The Moon | The Athletic Hour | Podcasts | iHeartRadio" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Foligno being an option for the next captain does not mean he is exempt from being traded and making the team younger and faster as the OP alluded to. I like Foligno as much as the next guy, but a first round pick for him? In what world does someone trade a 1st for a guy who is 29 years old, in the final year of his deal, is owed MORE real money than his cap hit ($3M), and has a career high of 25 points?

How much would you pay him? Are you seriously willing to give him a raise just because he may be a captain in the future for whatever reason? If you can tell me an actual reason why he deserves a raise, not just a 7 month old podcast link where someone mentions they want to resign him as your reasoning, I am all ears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->