Proposal: MIN-TOR Marcus Foligno for Andreas Johnsson

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It's not this complicated. Unless you think all 30 other GMs are all in on trying to screw Dubas.
Have all 30 GMs made offers? Why would all 30 GMs want to screw Dubas? How can you know that? Clearly it is not complicated. I just gave another equally simple alternative.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Have all 30 GMs made offers? Why would all 30 GMs want to screw Dubas? How can you know that? Clearly it is not complicated. I just gave another equally simple alternative.

Your "equally simple alternative" is a conspiracy theory.

If 10 GM's made offers to Dubas for Nylander, and they were all B players or grab bag deals, that's his value to those GMs. To suggest otherwise is to suggest that all those GMs are just trying to screw Dubas.

Again, does it mean Toronto should accept those? Not necessarily. But it still doesn't mean his value is whatever Toronto's asking price is.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Your "equally simple alternative" is a conspiracy theory.

If 10 GM's made offers to Dubas for Nylander, and they were all B players or grab bag deals, that's his value to those GMs. To suggest otherwise is to suggest that all those GMs are just trying to screw Dubas.

Again, does it mean Toronto should accept those? Not necessarily. But it still doesn't mean his value is whatever Toronto's asking price is.
It is not a conspiracy theory. How could it be? Right now the Leafs are attempting to use the resources they have- avalible money to spend to their advantage. Other GMs may see the Toronto cap situations as something they can use to their advantage. No conspiracy. No Conspirators - just competitive advantage.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Maybe but its also an opportunity to land Nylander. Playing hardball with Dubas isn’t plan A. Plan A is making their own team(s) better. Instead, no one is stepping forward with anything beyond B players and grab bag deals.

Personally, I think it is odd but I like Nylander.

Reactions: _Del_

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Parise
Fiala
Johansson
Donato
Foligno
Greenway
Boldy

What is minnesota's endgame here

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
They are placed in a construction called a sentence. Just like you used.
except it has no point like most of your posts. he responded to your request for a report by citing the report and then you responded with it doesn't mean what it said and then with incisiveness like

-That could be value or it could be GMs trying to exploit the cap situation. Value has to be inferred in this context ; it may not be implied.

and then...-They might be. Or they might be something else.

its not really adding much

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
except it has no point like most of your posts. he responded to your request for a report by citing the report and then you responded with it doesn't mean what it said and then with incisiveness like

-That could be value or it could be GMs trying to exploit the cap situation. Value has to be inferred in this context ; it may not be implied.

and then...-They might be. Or they might be something else.

its not really adding much
Don't be ridiculous. Look at the report. It is not the same as presented. There is ambiguity.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Minnesota says no very easily. this has been discussed like a million times. Andreas Johnsson has no value and foligno or Jared spurgeon could possibly be wild next captain.

wild are also trying to extend Foligno.
Wasn't Foligno trash since being acquired, and had no value and couldn't be traded. Now he is your next captain? I thought things were bad in MIN, I didn't realize it was that bad.

Reactions: Ciao

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think Dubas will get it done . Guys like Johnsson and Kerfoot are not returning 2nds and thirds though . To get out from under the cap though if they can get teams too take them they’ll be returning 5ths and 6ths if they can . In the end though they’ll get Petro for 9.75 times 7

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Wasn't Foligno trash since being acquired, and had no value and couldn't be traded. Now he is your next captain? I thought things were bad in MIN, I didn't realize it was that bad.

Apparantly none of your leafs fans who dont watch wild actually saw Foligno's play this season. So instead of being mad wild dont want to trade foligno especially for andreas Johnsson, You should look at your own leafs team

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Apparantly none of your leafs fans who dont watch wild actually saw Foligno's play this season. So instead of being mad wild dont want to trade foligno especially for andreas Johnsson, You should look at your own leafs team
Mad about what? Your guy had career year at 29, putting up 25 points, give me a break. lol

Johnsson has accomplished more in his rookie season then Foligno has his entire career. He had an injury plagued season last year, should be fine next year. I'm not sure why every wants to trade Johnnson, considering he is low cost winger who can score 20g+/20a+. I value him as much as Kapanan. I wouldn't trade him for a 1st rounder unless it was something significant like another top 15 pick.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I think Dubas will get it done . Guys like Johnsson and Kerfoot are not returning 2nds and thirds though . To get out from under the cap though if they can get teams too take them they’ll be returning 5ths and 6ths if they can . In the end though they’ll get Petro for 9.75 times 7
If the leafs sign Petro they need keep their low cost wingers like Johnsson to fill out the roster, and they need to trade away their high cost wingers like Nylander and Marner to create space. Not to mention one of these two will bring a far more significant return. Why would you trade a 20 goal winger for some lousy pick? makes no sense.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
go

good luck with that leafs fans. no one is trading for injured proned and 8 goal scorer andreas johnsson. if they were it would have happened
8 goals is how many you can expect Foligno to score in 82 games. Johnsson on the other hand, given a full season is a 20 goal scorer. Why do the leafs need to trade Johnsson? Why does it have to happen already? The leafs do not have any cap issues next season, unless they sign Pietrangelo. At that point all bets are off, and they should trade away Nylander or Marner.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Mad about what? Your guy had career year at 29, putting up 25 points, give me a break. lol

Johnsson has accomplished more in his rookie season then Foligno has his entire career. He had an injury plagued season last year, should be fine next year. I'm not sure why every wants to trade Johnnson, considering he is low cost winger who can score 20g+/20a+. I value him as much as Kapanan. I wouldn't trade him for a 1st rounder unless it was something significant like another top 15 pick.

Good luck with that, This is a comical joke. wild fans didnt make this thread. leafs fan did. Andreas Johnsson isnt a good player. was playing 4th line on leafs even before injury.

you know what is funny, leafs fans much like montreal fans, talk crap about andreas johnsson and trying to get rid of him all day on their board .

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
No, that you think he's injury prone and continue to call him an 8 goal scorer when he had over double that in his rookie season. It's fine if you don't like the proposal, but calling him trash and calling out Leafs fans when they didn't even make this proposal is pretty ridiculous.
Ya the guy is a moron. I feel sad for MIN, team is hot garbage, not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a significant draft pick. Stuck in no mans land.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
8 goals is how many you can expect Foligno to score in 82 games. Johnsson on the other hand, given a full season is a 20 goal scorer. Why do the leafs need to trade Johnsson? Why does it have to happen already? The leafs do not have any cap issues next season, unless they sign Pietrangelo. At that point all bets are off, and they should trade away Nylander or Marner.

Foligno had 11 goals and 25 points before season stopped but hey you can't do simple research. Scoring isnt what is getting foligno extended. it's his defensive plays, hits, standing up and fighting to protect teammate. amd calling out team / teammate following bad games.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Ya the guy is a moron. I feel sad for MIN, team is hot garbage, not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a significant draft pick. Stuck in no mans land.

i wouldnt be talking trash. Leafs have 4-5 good players. leafs are stuck also and also a bad team who really dont have high draft picks or prospects like wild , so you should really stop making ignorant lazy argument / comment.

top 10 isnt a high pick? okay dude. Leafs missed playoff this year also and are in cap hell compared to wild who arent

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Foligno had 11 goals and 25 points before season stopped but hey you can't do simple research. Scoring isnt what is getting foligno extended. it's his defensive plays, hits, standing up and fighting to protect teammate. amd calling out team / teammate following bad games.
So why are you saying Johnsson is an 8 goal scorer when he only played 43 games last year? And he scored 20 the year before, which was his rookie season? I guess it's you that failed to do the research.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
So why are you saying Johnsson is an 8 goal scorer when he only played 43 games last year? And he scored 20 the year before, which was his rookie season? I guess it's you that failed to do the research.

leafs fans hyping him in here but on their board put him in every trade to get rid of him so they can sign a high end dman. now that's funny

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Good luck with that, This is a comical joke. wild fans didnt make this thread. leafs fan did. Andreas Johnsson isnt a good player. was playing 4th line on leafs even before injury.

you know what is funny, leafs fans much like montreal fans, talk crap about andreas johnsson and trying to get rid of him all day on their board .
I literally see no trade proposals with Johnsson in the them but okay. I also don't recall Johnsson playing on the 4th line? He mainly played on the top 2 lines, and had some games where he played on the 3rd line. Literally look his minutes and you can see is is averaging 16+ min a game...lol...maybe you should have done some research?

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Toronto isnt gonna spend nearly 3mil on a 4th line guy.

johnsson gets moved for cap space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad