Carolina
faulk

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Me reading the title

giphy.gif

Mar 26, 2010
No thanks from Toronto. Plan on keeping Nylander.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nylander doesn’t work for Minnesota because we’d need Toronto l to take a lot of salary off our hands to be able to resign nylander. If TOR was going to take salary they would just sign nylander. Plus I think spurgeon is a tad bit too old for toronto’s Liking. Also way too much of a shakeup for no reason. More isn’t always better. Remember Minnesota two years ago? First in the West, 2nd in the league at the trade deadline. Added Hanzal in what was supposed to give us “the best center ice in the league”. Ended up throwing off chemistry; Players didn’t like they’re new roles and all hell broke loose. We finished the season with a stretch well under 500 and we’re bounced in th the 1st round as a 2 seed in what was likely “our year”.

Reactions: 7even

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I mean.. I'd take that offered deal.. Nino is pretty good and Spurgeon at what 2m is nuts. He's a #2 dman.

He would be a shade under $2.6m for Spurgeon, and Nino at $5.25 for 3 more years.
Spurgeon would become our top pairing guy replacing Hainsey (low bar)

I like the idea of getting Spurgeon, but after next season hes a UFA and will end up costing a good deal (id assume 6-7 mil).

If there was a way to trade for him that didnt include Nylander id be pretty interested.
It may be irrational, but giving up a 22yo for a decent replacement (Nino) and a solid d (spurgeon) is tempting to me only if the Leafs think they can win this/next year which I dont.

As a Leaf fan I put them a decent playoff run this year (into 2nd round loosing) and next year loosing in the ECF.
If Spurgeon had 3 years left it would be a totally different deal IMO.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
So let me get this straight, you want a 50 points winger and a top pair d at 50% retained for your 60 points winger. And still there are leafs fans unhappy with this?

If that's the level of analysis you're willing to put into a proposal, that's on you, not the offer. I am surprised you didn't bring up +/- too.

It's not a bad proposal for the Leafs. I like Spurgeon a lot. Would prefer him to a Pesce type no doubt. With that being said, his contract is an issue.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
nylander

Minnesota
nino, spurgeon at50%

edm
puljujärvi

min
joel erikson ek

then if needed to replace spurg
min
coyle plus a pick 2nd or something

Carolina
faulk

Chiarelli would do that deal. He supposedly was going to take JEE back in the 2015 draft over Barzal :confused:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I won't claim to speak for all of Leafs nation, appreciate you gave up some "nice" pieces for Nylander but overall, i'd pass.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
So let me get this straight, you want a 50 points winger and a top pair d at 50% retained for your 60 points winger. And still there are leafs fans unhappy with this?

I think it makes sense for both teams. First the Nylander contract has to be settled. He's a 6.5m player who apparently want 8m.
Leafs have to look at as 2 years for Spurgeon, and 3 years of Nino. Total of five years. Nylander is only under Leafs control. for five years. So, I could see the value for both teams.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Yes unless we are getting Dumba back, even if we had to add (we would) we are not doing that deal.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Toronto
nylander

Minnesota
nino, spurgeon at50%

edm
puljujärvi

min
joel erikson ek

then if needed to replace spurg
min
coyle plus a pick 2nd or something

Carolina
faulk
I don't want the Leafs to trade Nylander but if they did, I could live with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad