Confirmed with Link: [MIN] Signs (G) Niklas Svedberg (1 year/2 way, 700K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo:
Svedberg, 27, a Swede who spent the past two years playing in the Kontinental Hockey League, will compete with Alex Stalock for the Wild backup job. In 2012-13 with Providence, Svedberg went 37-8-2 with a 2.17 goals-against average and .925 save percentage. He won 25 games the following year with Providence. In the NHL, he went 8-5-1 with a 2.31 goals-against average and .920 save percentage in 19 games with the Boston Bruins.

In the past two years playing for Salavat Yulaev Ufa, Svedberg went 43-36-16 with a .907 save percentage. Two years ago, he went 29-19-3 with a 2.37 goals-against average and .916 save percentage.

niklassvedbergbruins.jpg

Elite Prospects

dZkdX63.jpg

Last edited:

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
All these goalies out there and we're going to have a back up competition between Stalock and Svedberg? Hoping it is Sved, because Stalock is AHL material.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Don't get the hate - this guy had one bad season, last season. Apart from that his numbers look decent.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
He was bad with Boston a few years back. Very shaky.

Can't say I saw him play - however, I'd take a backup that put up a 2.33 and .918 anyday.

I know, numbers can be deceiving, but that's all I have to go on.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Can't say I saw him play - however, I'd take a backup that put up a 2.33 and .918 anyday.

I know, numbers can be deceiving, but that's all I have to go on.

I catch about 40-50 Bruins games a year (big fan once we lost the North Stars). He lets in quite a few soft goals. He's maddening ala Kuemper.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I catch about 40-50 Bruins games a year (big fan once we lost the North Stars). He lets in quite a few soft goals. He's maddening ala Kuemper.

Funny you should mention that, I lived in Boston the year Dallas entered the league, and became a Bruins fan. They had just traded beloved goalie Andy Moog for Jon Casey, and boy he poor JC get crucified by the press and the fans every time he slipped up.

Boston can be a rough place to play.

Maybe Svedberg can flourish in the Minnesota Nice.

*/note to self/Minnesota Nice would be a great name for a sports team to the ironic sports fan/note to self/*

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Funny you should mention that, I lived in Boston the year Dallas entered the league, and became a Bruins fan. They had just traded beloved goalie Andy Moog for Jon Casey, and boy he poor JC get crucified by the press and the fans every time he slipped up.

Boston can be a rough place to play.

Maybe Svedberg can flourish in the Minnesota Nice.

*/note to self/Minnesota Nice would be a great name for a sports team to the ironic sports fan/note to self/*

Cam Neely, Ray Bourque, Adam Oates, Al Iafrate....man those were fun teams to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad