Confirmed Trade: [MIN/PIT] Jason Zucker for 2021 1st round pick, Alex Galchenyuk, and Calen Addison

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
As a Wild fan, sad to see Zucker go. Was a fun player to watch develop after he was drafted, entertaining on the ice, and such a great person off the ice. Wish him and Pittsburg nothing but the best.

Was slightly concerning watching him play after that injury. Still doesn’t look healthy at all. Just doesn’t look like himself. He’ll fit in well over the long term.

Galy, we’ll see. Another “center” to try out is not a bad thing but honestly, meh. First rounder was more or less a given. The Addison addition on defense is interesting given the depth and Brodin’s/Dumba’s name being thrown about...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think it's fair to see all the comments about how Pittsburgh got the raw end here. I like the return for Minnesota, it's even a bit more than I expected, but Pittsburgh got 3.5 years of Zucker who's done 33 and 64 points before, and was on pace for like 28 and 56 again this season before he got injured. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Zucker return to mid 30s for goal scoring, and his injury likely won't have much of a long term effect, if any.

Off the bat, this seems like a good deal for both teams.

And for what it's worth, I think Galchenyuk was mostly included just to make the cap work.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Rutherford taking all of the L's on trades this past year. Oh well, overpaying for a top 6 winger still means you get a top 6 winger.
Maybe since it was Bill Guerin and a western conference team he not necessarily overpaid, but maybe paid a little more than than he would have had it been someone other than his old friend.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Solid trade for both teams if Zucker can play the system like he is expected to in Pittsburgh, hes locked in to some term to so hopefully he does

Nice pickup for Minnesota, Addison is a solid prospect

Gotta love GMJR he gets want he wants and is aggressive. The Penguins have been probably one of the most aggressive team during the TDL since he has taken over and rightfully so. You have a window and you need to capitalize on it.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What this thread is telling me is that this site still comically overvalues draft picks and prospects.

Zucker's a cost controlled top-6 winger signed for 3.5 more years. A 1st and a good prospect for that is reasonable. It's a good return for Minnesota because they're rebuilding, but for a win-now team, you take the cost controlled win-now player 100% of the time. Especially considering that Addison was fairly expendable as a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad