Confirmed Trade: [MIN/PIT] Jason Zucker for 2021 1st round pick, Alex Galchenyuk, and Calen Addison

Jameleon

Feb 17, 2019
Those are the bluest eyes I've ever seen.
original.png
Same goes for me :sarcasm:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m interested to see what he can do there for the next three and a half years. Would be cool to see him hit 40.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Glad to see Zucker doing well so far in Pitt. Have always loved his game but could never really root for him because same division. He is a heckuva player tho.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He was a 25 guy that put up 33 with Eric Staal on the downside of his career

I think you're selling his potential a little short there

Not a chance he scores 40 goals 5on5, because he's definitely not playing on the top PP unit when Guentzal comes back. He's not even on it right now

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That second goal was a nice touch by Zucker. First was a goalscorer's goal. Awesome setup, of course, but some guys miss those. As he gets further along in his conditioning and his leg continues to heal, his speed will come back.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Very happy to see Zucker score a couple, he will make a big difference to the Pens, hopefully other teams are taking notice

Speaking of which I happen to know a highly gifted player having a career year on a team that's out of the playoff hunt

*This ad was sponsored by the TripleT Coalition (Trade Tomas Tatar)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We'll see what happens this year, but once Guentzel gets back next year things will get REALLY interesting. They might be able to scoop the underperforming Granlund this year for the playoffs, or the Canes might want to move the underperforming Nino and his contract...perhaps for Bjugstad?

Nino has some attributes that will help come playoff time.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’m interested to see what he can do there for the next three and a half years. Would be cool to see him hit 40.
He was a 25 guy that put up 33 with Eric Staal on the downside of his career

I think you're selling his potential a little short there

He won't get top PP unit time to boost his totals, though.

Looked really, really good with Sid tonight and that line hopefully will do damage at 5on5, but usually the guys who can bump their totals from the 25 goal range into the 35+ range are guys who also get top unit PP time.

Reactions: wej20

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Thats not true. Kapanen was a good pick and has done well in TO.
Simon is a 5th round pick with 164 NHL games and 63points. Thats not great but respectable.

And the recent two drafts have some promising guys.
Poulin
Legare
Hallander
Addison (traded tho)

When you barely have picks in the first and 2nd rounds its hard to find NHL talent. You are looking for 3rd/4th line players or boom or bust guys. And it takes players 4 - 5 years to break in sometimes. Rust was a 2010 pick and players his first games in 2014-15

Dumoulin was a 2009 pick (#51) and it wasn't until his 7th pro season that he played more than a handful of games.

This is why I find it so funny when people talk about trading players for picks. Yeah sure some step in right away like Maatta. But most take YEARS to become impact players. We don't have years to wait for these guys anymore. If that was the route we wanted to go, we needed to be making those selections 2-4 years ago.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad