Confirmed Trade: [MIN/PIT] Jason Zucker for 2021 1st round pick, Alex Galchenyuk, and Calen Addison

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
4 more games to go, then we will try him in the court of public opinion. It's only fair.
So that’s the vacuum we judge trades in now. 5 total games. How about someone gets the rest of the season/post season to acclimate, not only to a new team and system. But relocating family and settling in to a new organization, region, and city.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It's cool that the Penguins are going for it yet again, but geez, yet another first round draft pick and prospect from an already anemic pool bites the dust.

Things are going to get very ugly in Pittsburgh post-Crosby and Malkin.

duh? I certainly hope so?

Literally no other fan base wants their team to be the Canucks or Canadiens with their “boy, I hope we can make the playoffs, let’s acquire these middling veterans and overpay them just so we can hope to eek out 4 playoff games per year” rosters.

maximize the Crosby and Malkin era, then burn it to the ground and start over. Some 2020 28th overall pick ain’t leading the charge in 2027.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Literally no other fan base wants their team to be the Canucks or Canadiens with their “boy, I hope we can make the playoffs, let’s acquire these middling veterans and overpay them just so we can hope to eek out 4 playoff games per year” rosters.

maximize the Crosby and Malkin era, then burn it to the ground and start over. Some 2020 28th overall pick ain’t leading the charge in 2027.

....and cross your fingers in hopes of again striking gold by winning the lottery and drafting HOFers two years in a row.

Reactions: Lustaf

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m okay with this trade. The Pens suck at drafting players, and Alex G. is terrible.

The last good player the Pens drafted was Kapanen in 2014.

Last edited:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
So that’s the vacuum we judge trades in now. 5 total games. How about someone gets the rest of the season/post season to acclimate, not only to a new team and system. But relocating family and settling in to a new organization, region, and city.
Sometimes teams acquire players to make an impact right away..hence trade deadline and rental players. A team can give a 1rst away for a rental and hope they find their game next season!! Now with Zucker..he skated well. He didnt look out place but he wasnt good ( even by his own words). Therenis always a risk hat wvemnif he appears like an ideal fit on paper...he really isnt. I certainly hope not . If after 5 games or so he shows no chemistry with sid ( I doubt Sullivan even gives him that long) they will start to shuffle him around

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I really like this move for the Pens because they are getting the best player and will be in win now mode until Crosby/Malkin start their decline. The term on Zucker is key.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What are you trying to accomplish other than stir ****? Go away.

What am I trying to accomplish? Nothing, other than highlighting the fallacies in the argument of just "blowing it up and starting over".

For this to work for the Pens as before:

1) It needs to coincide with there being superstar talent coming into the league those couple of seasons(ie Crosby and Malkin)...better pray the years you tank it's not players like Yakupov or RNH leading all draft boards.

2) You need to win the lottery. Finishing last place in the regular season only gives you an 18.5% chance of selecting 1st overall. If you completely tank, there is still a better chance of you picking 4th than picking 1-3.

You can still succeed if those things don't happen, but it will be a much longer and tougher road than what the Penguins had to face after they lucked into Crosby and Malkin.

Last edited:

member 157595

Indeed. Either go for it or burn it down, consistent mediocrity is death in this league.

Reactions: IcedCapp

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
In 2013...

JR wasn’t even the GM when he was drafted. JR is terrible at drafting...The scouting is horrendous with prospects.

oh sorry i thought he was from a later draft just off top of my head

when i heard he was going to all star i even looked up who the habs picked at the same time as Pitt choosing Jarry - we chose Fucale six picks ahead of Jarry and I think hes playing goal now at a IGA in St Henri

so Pitt can def draft altho maybe they had Fucale ahead of Jarry also and just missed him who knows

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
... and it’s been so much damn fun watching them as a Pens fan!

It wasn't so much fun after the 3-1 comeback in 2014, the 5 game 1 and done in 2015, you all said horrible things about Crosby and Malkin and wanted them both traded and a full on rebuild.

Hell there was like a 20 minute meltdown when Jeff Zatkoff lead the Penguins onto the ice for Game 1 in 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad