Trade: [MIN/PHI] Jimmy Butler and Justin Patton for Bayless, Robert Covington, Dario Saric, and 2022 2nd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brett Brown was star-hunting this summer and finally got something done.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Wow, that doesn't seem like a whole lot going back to Minnesota.

Philly is going to be absolutely loaded for the foreseeable future.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lols what an awful deal for both teams

wolves get nothing special in return for butler and now the sixers don't have a bench

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sixers make their much needed move to keep up in the East and Butler gets to play for a contender now. He'll also get to continue bullying young players with Fultz being the prime candidate in Philly.

That's not bad for the Wolves all things considered. Saric has been bad this season but I really like him and Covington is solid. This looks better than some of the other offers that were out there. A KAT and Saric front court could be pretty rough defensively though.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sixers are still only the 3rd best in the East. This doesn't change a whole lot IMO.

Jimmy B's attitude could potentially be an issue for the young team and he better used to playing major minutes.

Crap deal for the Wolves but what're you gonna do.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sixers are still only the 3rd best in the East. This doesn't change a whole lot IMO.

Jimmy B's attitude could potentially be an issue for the young team and he better used to playing major minutes.
Maybe this year but they’ll be better than the Raptors next year especially if Fultz develops and KL leaves

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Maybe this year but they’ll be better than the Raptors next year especially if Fultz develops and KL leaves

If Leonard leaves yes but if he stays and Fultz develops (which is nowhere near a guarantee at this point) Rapstors are still better than Philly.

I can see why Philly made the trade but a Butler-Simmons-Embiid trio is going to be hella expensive.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Copy/paste my post in the Sixers forum:

Welp, this is interesting. Butler is a huge upgrade over RoCo. I don’t like losing Dario. He’s a legit stretch-4 and the team needs one of those to space the floor.

For a little while now, there has been this voice inside my head- it’s a quiet little voice but it’s very persistent, that keeps telling me that Ben Simmons should be a forward not a guard. So given this trade, what I would like to see is a frontcourt of Simmons-Embiid-Butler and a backcourt of Fultz-JJ. Second unit, Muscala-Amir-Chandler with TJ-Shamet.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out on the floor.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Josh Richardson, who is 25 years old and signed to a team friendly contract for a few more years, is currently averaging 20.5 PPG and shooting 40% from three while also playing great defense.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
This is just awful for the Sixers. Now their top 3 stars are players who need the ball in their hands to be effective on offense and none of them shoot three's particularly well. This is going to be disastrous.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
at least minny got rid of the cancer that is butler

there's no way philly can afford to keep butler, simmons, and embiid going forward if they want to be a successful team

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Josh Richardson, who is 25 years old and signed to a team friendly contract for a few more years, is currently averaging 20.5 PPG and shooting 40% from three while also playing great defense.

I thought the rumours were Miami wasn't willing to include Richardson

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought the rumours were Miami wasn't willing to include Richardson

He was reportedly unavailable to start, then they were reportedly willing to include him as long as the Wolves also took back another contract, and then he went back to being unavailable after he took another step forward to start the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->