Trade: [MIN/PHI] Jalen Reagor for 2024 condtional 4th round pick and 2023 7th round pick

Sep 19, 2008
was he another howie "flop"

i saw that jj arrencbia whiteside was cut from seattle after being dealt there from philly...so howie drafted JJAW, Smith, Reagor?, Greg Ward, and only Smith panned out lmao

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
was he another howie "flop"

i saw that jj arrencbia whiteside was cut from seattle after being dealt there from philly...so howie drafted JJAW, Smith, Reagor?, Greg Ward, and only Smith panned out lmao
Eagles had a stretch of 2-3 years where their picks post SB didn’t make it. Dillard at LT, Reagor, JJAW etc.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Reagor was not only a flop, he was taken ahead of Jefferson, and let me tell you, that guy never stopped hearing about it and never had a chance because of it. Now they’re teammates.
Happens to a bunch of players. I mean all of those WR before Metcalf like Campbell, Isabella, JJAW, etc heard about that.
Same with any position where someone great was taken shortly after you.
Like all of the DE or outside LB in a 3-4 defence taken before TJ watt at pick 30 in 2017.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
This move was definitely a combination of "We have literally no one who can return punts" + "We think we can fix him."

I'm not too upset about a 4th/5th and 7th. Worth the gamble. And especially seeing as they just cut almost a whole draft class less than a year later lol (different regime I know).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This move was definitely a combination of "We have literally no one who can return punts" + "We think we can fix him."

I'm not too upset about a 4th/5th and 7th. Worth the gamble. And especially seeing as they just cut almost a whole draft class less than a year later lol (different regime I know).
Different situation when it is round 3 guys and later.

You hope that guys in round 3 can play sub packages for you at the very least over their rookie deals. Ideally you get a starter every other year or so.
Was it 2021 where Minny finished the draft having made like 14 selections? Or they went into the draft with that many and made moves to go up and down or push picks into another draft.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Funny how JJAW and Reagor became teammates with Metcalf and Jefferson after having to hear about the Eagles passing those 2 over to pick them. Though Reagor is better than JJAW, so he does have a better shot at being on the roster in Minnesota. Knew JJAW would be cut in Seattle.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Different situation when it is round 3 guys and later.

You hope that guys in round 3 can play sub packages for you at the very least over their rookie deals. Ideally you get a starter every other year or so.
Was it 2021 where Minny finished the draft having made like 14 selections?

That was 2020 and they had 15. 11 in 2021. 12 in 2019.
I think they've had at least 10 every year since Spielman got the GM title in 2012. Spielman loved quantity over quality he'd rather have a bunch of 6ths and 7ths than fight for UDFAs. But all these guys can't make your team, so it's kinda dumb.

And then Kwesi had another 10 this year (9 made the 53).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That was 2020 and they had 15. 11 in 2021. 12 in 2019.
I think they've had at least 10 every year since Spielman got the GM title in 2012. Spielman loved quantity over quality he'd rather have a bunch of 6ths and 7ths than fight for UDFAs. But all these guys can't make your team, so it's kinda dumb.

And then Kwesi had another 10 this year (9 made the 53).
That’s 48 guys in those 4 years that would be on a rookie deal. Baseline is 28 if you just have your own pick. So obviously guys will get cut.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There’s such a nominal difference between the last 3 rounds of the draft and UDFA. After 2 training camps though you should still have anyone you drafted in the first 4 rounds.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There’s such a nominal difference between the last 3 rounds of the draft and UDFA. After 2 training camps though you should still have anyone you drafted in the first 4 rounds.
With a regime change everyone is subject to get cut even veterans if they don’t fit the scheme.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
With a regime change everyone is subject to get cut even veterans if they don’t fit the scheme.

Even if they're not a fit guys selected in the 3rd or 4th the year before should probably have some value around the league even if you only get a 7th back.

A veteran like Armon Watts, who maybe is slightly more than a JAG? Sure, doesn't fit the scheme, cut em.

Kellen Mond? Chazz Surratt? Wyatt Davis? If they have any talent, then you scheme around said talent, or at least get something for them in a trade. Surratt went unclaimed and signed with Jets PS (Not sure if he chose that or they just didn't want him back).

Plenty of other Spielman/Zimmer picks/signings at the end of the roster made the team or at least the PS. For example 6th RD G in 2020, Kyle Hinton, is on the PS for a 3rd straight year. 3rd RD G in 2021 Wyatt Davis isn't.

The guys they cut were just busts.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sure, I guess? He kinda sucks but the Vikings don't have anyone else who can return punts. It's only a 5th and 7th but still, you're probably looking for more than just a PR for those picks so we'll see if he can do anything else on offense. Personally, I would've been more excited with Smith-Marsette as a WR than Reagor as he has shown some flashes but they cut him to make room.

Sucks for Reagor that now he has to hear about Jefferson even more than before. Also for people like me who enjoyed laughing at the Eagles for the blunder but now have to root for Reagor.

This is a little interesting.....

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Even if they're not a fit guys selected in the 3rd or 4th the year before should probably have some value around the league even if you only get a 7th back.

A veteran like Armon Watts, who maybe is slightly more than a JAG? Sure, doesn't fit the scheme, cut em.

Kellen Mond? Chazz Surratt? Wyatt Davis? If they have any talent, then you scheme around said talent, or at least get something for them in a trade. Surratt went unclaimed and signed with Jets PS (Not sure if he chose that or they just didn't want him back).

Plenty of other Spielman/Zimmer picks/signings at the end of the roster made the team or at least the PS. For example 6th RD G in 2020, Kyle Hinton, is on the PS for a 3rd straight year. 3rd RD G in 2021 Wyatt Davis isn't.

The guys they cut were just busts.
PS, the rookie contract guys can choose which club to join. Maybe better options to potentially get a promotion to the 53 man roster with another team. Again with the regime change there is no more loyalty or desire to promote you than any other team. So find the team that runs the best scheme for your skill set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad