Trade: [MIN/OAK] Fernando Rodney to Oakland

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
dakota chalmers going to minny

not sure why they feel the need to keep adding bullpen pieces after getting familia and kelley. the rotation is still a hot mess

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Crazy to think at 32, he had only played for 1 MLB team

Now at 41, he's played for Detroit, LAA, Tampa, Seattle, Chicago Cubs, San Diego, Miami, Arizona, Minnesota, Oakland

A true survivor

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

not sure why they feel the need to keep adding bullpen pieces after getting familia and kelley. the rotation is still a hot mess
They're definitely loading up to shorten the leash on the starters. They could conceivably have their wc starter (not assuming anything yet; just saying) go just 3-4 innings then have the bullpen go from there.

Hell, the Yanks could do the same.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Pitching is pitching. I wish nothing but the worst to Rodney who is s complete clown but I like the A’s. If starters cost too much then bolster the pen on the cheap. You can never have enough solid arms for the playoffs or the final push.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don't understand this move. The Bullpen is great for the A's. Is Melvin going for the have the starter pitch 4 innings and then take it to the bullpen approach?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don't understand this move. The Bullpen is great for the A's. Is Melvin going for the have the starter pitch 4 innings and then take it to the bullpen approach?

i guess that's the plan

and i agree with it considering how bad their rotation is

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg

Rodney might supplant Hatcher. Don't you consider this an improvement?

Significant upgrades for the rotation won't be easily available. Thus I understand adding Rodney; I just wonder why neither Seattle nor Cleveland claimed him.

Gruß,
BSHH

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Rodney might supplant Hatcher. Don't you consider this an improvement?

Significant upgrades for the rotation won't be easily available. Thus I understand adding Rodney; I just wonder why neither Seattle nor Cleveland claimed him.

Gruß,
BSHH

hatcher should not be in the majors

anyways, the bullpen is looking pretty damn good right about now

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I guess the emphasis is more on Bullpen rather than rotation. It just seems like they are adding too much to the bullpen, but it's just a depth move.

well you guys added Fiers who was great in his debut against Kersh and Dodgers....as someone else said, good luck finding an impact frontline starter at this time of the year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He's an upgrade over Hatcher, and who knows when Trivino will realize he's a rookie and turn into a pumpkin.

Nothing questionable about adding depth and veteran experience.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He's an upgrade over Hatcher, and who knows when Trivino will realize he's a rookie and turn into a pumpkin.

Nothing questionable about adding depth and veteran experience.

I'm actually rooting for your A's for the playoffs, anything that can help with the playoff push is always welcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad