Proposal: MIN - NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Minnesota trades Marco Rossi to New York Rangers for Kaapo Kakko.

No salary retained, Minnesota makes a huge gamble and tries to turn Kakko into power forward that he was deemed to be, while Rangers trade a winger for center so they improve their position of weakness.

Thoughts?

Is it too early to give up on Kakko in a trade like this? Or he may share Lias Andersson's fate if they wait too long?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Kakko is nothing like Lias Andersson.

If you watch Rangers games, you'll see that Kakko's game is rounding into form. He is a puck hound this season and really starting to get comfortable against NHL opponents.

Lias Andersson is an AHL player. He'll always be an AHL player. He never progressed at the NHL level and never showed signs of progressing.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

No salary retained, Minnesota makes a huge gamble and tries to turn Kakko into power forward that he was deemed to be, while Rangers trade a winger for center so they improve their position of weakness.

Thoughts?

Is it too early to give up on Kakko in a trade like this? Or he may share Lias Andersson's fate if they wait too long?

I think Rangers easily refuse. Rossi basically lost entire year of development and is a lot smaller in size and Kakko was 2nd overall while Rossi was 9th overall. You would have to throw in at least 2 2nd rounders to equal this.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Thoughts?

I think Rangers easily refuse. Rossi basically lost entire year of development and is a lot smaller in size and Kakko was 2nd overall while Rossi was 9th overall. You would have to throw in at least 2 2nd rounders to equal this.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nope
But teams may be compatible trade partners,
NYR might have interest in Greenway (played for coach Q at BU), Nesterenko (Brooklyn kid) and were rumored to have interest in Khusnutdinov.

Wild virtual lock for playoff spot, but with 2 very strong division rivals.
What are the short-term needs? or strategic needs?

Reactions: bernmeister

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Nope
NYR might have interest in Greenway (played for coach Q at BU), Nesterenko (Brooklyn kid) and were rumored to have interest in Khusnutdinov.

Wild need Centers. Simple as that. Boldy should be coming in shortly at wing along with Beckman. Decent defense prospects coming up and surprisingly goalie prospects looking solid. We severely lack centers so hopefully the few prospects we have pan out.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Nope

Probably Strome but the price gets dicey. I have a feeling he would be too expensive.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Thoughts?

Curious what you see as MIN's greatest position of weakness?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Nope

Jordan greenway isn't available/ going anywhere this year. Wild gm isn't adding @ deadline, or taking any players from this year's roster

Wild aren't trading marat Khusnutdinov who they just sel

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Minnesota doesn't have one weakness besides c. Marco rossi is coming. So is marat Khusnutdinov. So is Alexander khovanov.

So wild don't really have a weakness
1) I asked because I know MIN needs C
2) None of those guys make C less of a need. If one becomes a #2 C they'll have done well (most likely Rossi). I think Marat can be a 3. Khovanov could be a 2 or could be nothing. That said, none are ready to be legit top 6 NHL Cs in 21-22.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
1) I asked because I know MIN needs C
2) None of those guys make C less of a need. If one becomes a #2 C they'll have done well (most likely Rossi). I think Marat can be a 3. Khovanov could be a 2 or could be nothing. That said, none are ready to be legit top 6 NHL Cs in 21-22.

Joel Eriksson Ek is a beast
Victor rask isn't that good, but he's been serviceable
Ryan Hartman has been good
Nick bjustad, & Luke Johnson has been really good

21-22
Joel Eriksson Ek
Marco rossi
Free agent c, or trade
4c: Luke Johnson, or nico sturm

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Wild say no. Rossi is going to be very important to the success of the organization. Wild already have Greenway, Boldy, and a lesser extent Foligno (in addition to Kaprizov, Fiala, Parise, Zucc, etc.), so they do not need Kakko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad